Urgent Care or Emergency - Emergency & Urgent Care
Urgent Care or Emergency
Centura Health Emergency & Urgent Care eliminates the guesswork of whether you need emergency or urgent care. We’re always open. We’re always staffed by emergency doctors and nurses. And we usually have shorter lines and lower co-pays than the emergency room.*
*Patients deemed non-emergent will be charged for urgent care instead of emergency care, according to their insurance plan.
What is urgent and what is emergent?
Below are examples of symptoms, injuries and diagnoses that are typically considered urgent or emergent. These lists are not comprehensive or a replacement for a clinical examination, and may vary based on your specific symptoms and condition.
Urgent Care Examples
These are examples of diagnoses that are typically considered urgent. This list is not comprehensive or considered a replacement for a clinical examination, and may vary based on your specific symptoms and condition.
- Bladder or urinary tract infections
- Insect bites and stings
- Minor asthma
- Minor injury
- Pink eye
- Poison Ivy
- Simple abscess (no packing needed)
- Simple burn
- Simple cuts, bruises or abrasions
- Simple nose bleed (no packing needed)
- Sore throat
- Strains or sprains
Emergency Care Examples
These are examples of diagnoses that are typically considered emergent. This list is not comprehensive or considered a replacement for a clinical examination, and may vary based on your specific symptoms and condition.
- Abdominal pain
- Baby less than 2 years old with a fever
- Blood clots and DVTs
- Broken or dislocated bones
- Chest pain or chest pressure
- Coughing up or vomiting blood
- Difficulty breathing or shortness of breath
- Dizziness or loss of consciousness
- Eye injuries
- Foreign body removal
- Head injury
- Heart palpitations/racing heart rate
- High blood pressure crisis (severe headache, severe anxiety, shortness of breath, nosebleed)
- High fever or fever with rash
- Kidney stones
- Major burns
- Major wounds or bleeding that won’t stop
- Pregnancy complications
- Severe allergies
- Severe back pain
- Severe flu or pneumonia
- Severe headache
- Stroke symptoms (including sudden onset of slurred speech, impaired vision, numbness, confusion, dizziness)
- Sudden change in vision
- Sudden or severe pain
- Sudden testicular pain or swelling
- Suicidal or homicidal thoughts or hallucinations
- Vomiting or dehydration
Find an Emergency & Urgent Care near you.
Centura Health Emergency & Urgent Care centers have both emergency services and urgent care in one location right in your neighborhood.
- Emergency and pediatric-certified doctors and nurses 24/7
- Open 24/7 for last minute healthcare needs
- One location for minor aches and major injuries
- On-site CT scan, ultrasound, lab and X-ray