Pay Your Bill Online
Centura Health is here to make paying convenient and reliable. Contact us regarding online bill pay or questions about your bill.
Denver metro area: 303-486-5400
Helping you navigate the billing process.
It is important to understand what medical services are covered by your insurance policy. We encourage patients to confirm with their insurance provider if Centura Health services are covered by their policies, and how much of their bill they will be responsible for.
Centura Health requires that payment be made at the time of service for any amount not covered by insurance. Insurance deductibles and co-payments are due at the time of service. For those without insurance, the total estimated hospital bill less any initial deposits made is due upon discharge. If you are unable to make the full payment at discharge, you can ask to see a financial counselor who can review alternate payment options with you, including a payment plan.
Understand Your Bill
Hospital stays, use of facilities and equipment, special treatments and tests, and medications are among the items for which the hospital will bill you, usually for the part not covered by Medicare or Medicaid or your private or employee insurance plan. Ultimately, the patient is responsible for all charges and deductibles. Your medical insurance coverage is a contract between you and your commercial insurance company. We suggest you contact your insurance company to verify that both the hospital and the physician are contracted with your insurance provider network. Ultimately, you are responsible for your hospital account.
You should expect to receive a separate bill from the specialized physicians that may have treated you or assisted in your diagnosis.
Separate bills will come from physician(s) listed below:
- Emergency physicians will bill you for any services you may have received in the Emergency Department.
- Radiologists will bill you for reading any X-rays that were taken while at the hospital.
- Consulting Physicians may be asked by your treating physician to review your care for any special needs. You will receive a bill from these physicians as well.
- Pathologists will bill you for any laboratory and pathology test(s) they have read while you were at the hospital.
- Anesthesiologists will bill you for services received during any surgical procedures you may have undergone while at the hospital.
If you have any questions regarding medical bills from individual physician offices, please contact them directly.
How Billing Works
We have many payment options
Just like we have multiple options for care within the Centura Health Network, we also provide many different ways to pay medical bills, easily and conveniently.
We are happy to provide convenient online bill payment for services at Centura Health locations.
If you are having a scheduled procedure we will make every effort to update your records and get your insurance information before you arrive. While your insurance may indeed cover some or most of your procedure, you will be asked to pay your co-pay, deductible or co-insurance at the time of your appointment. If your insurance does not cover services provided by Centura Health, your financial responsibility may be significantly higher and will be due at the time of service.
If you don’t have the exact amount due at the time, we will require a deposit. The amount of the deposit varies by the type of service you receive.
Financial assistance is here for you
At Centura Health, we believe everyone deserves emergency care, urgent care and sudden necessary services, even if they are unable to pay. The Centura Health Financial Assistance Program provides charity care to those with incomes less than 250 percent of the current year’s federal poverty level. We are committed to offering reasonable payment plan options to patients.
Making a way out for uninsured patients
Centura Health compassionately serves uninsured patients with an understanding of the financial burdens they may face. That’s why we stand wholeheartedly by a policy to provide discounted rates to our patients and our families in regards to all health systems bills. We also advocate for meaningful changes in legislation to help the uninsured gain access to affordable, quality medical care. Learn more about our commitment to charity care.
Online Bill Pay
Thank you for choosing to pay your bill online
Centura Health is here to make paying convenient and reliable. Feel free to contact us regarding online bill pay or questions about your bill.
Instructions on how to pay your bill
We recently upgraded our Electronic Health Record system. As we continue our transition to the new system, there are two different billing statements. To make it easy to pay your bill, we’ve included samples of our two bills and outlined the appropriate steps for each.
If your bill looks like this, pay online.
If your bill looks like this, please follow the steps below to pay online.
- In the first field you will enter your Patient Account#, which may be listed on your bill as your Patient Reference Number or Account Number (highlighted in yellow).
- Your Unique Reference Number is the number in the bottom right corner of your bill (highlighted in green in the examples below).
- Enter the patient’s last name and first name as they appear on your statement.
- Enter the birth date of the patient the payment is being made for.
- Enter a phone number where you can be contacted.
- If paying a bill from a clinic, please enter the numbers after the dash in your patient account#.
- Enter your address.
- Next enter your payment information: Card Holder Name, select your card type, enter the card number and expiration date, and the Amount you would like to make the payment for.
- Under Account Information, if the billing address for your credit card is different from the address entered above, then you will enter it here, otherwise click on “Same as Address Above”.
- Click the Next button to review and confirm all of your information before submitting the payment.
All refund requests for online payments through our website should be submitted by calling the phone number on your receipt. Valid refund requests will be credited onto the card used in the original transaction. Credits will appear on the cardholder's statement within approximately 12 business days after receiving the request.
Centura Health is committed to financial assistance and charity care
Centura Health is committed to providing high-value health care while serving the diverse needs of those living within the communities we serve. Centura Health treats emergent and urgent patients regardless of their ability to pay or their coverage status.
Learn more about Centura Health Charity Care Policy.
Centura Health provides uninsured patients with discounted rates for all medical bills
The discount is applied to all hospital inpatient, outpatient and emergency room bills that have been screened and do not have third-party insurance, Medicare, Medicaid, Champus or other governmental payer programs and do not meet the Centura Health charity guidelines.
As part of our faith-based mission, Centura Health strives to compassionately serve uninsured patients with a heartfelt understanding of the financial burdens they may face. Centura Health supports and advocates for meaningful and appropriate changes in legislation that improve access to affordable, quality medical care for the uninsured.
Centura Health will treat uninsured patients in the following manner:
- Uninsured patients will be treated fairly and with respect during and after treatment, regardless of their ability to pay.
- Uninsured patients will be provided with financial counseling, including assistance applying for local, state and federal health care programs such as Medicare, Medicaid and the Colorado Indigent Care Program.
- Uninsured patients will be informed of and assisted in applying for charity care available through Centura Health as appropriate.
- Centura Health utilizes a charity discount schedule that takes into account state or federal poverty guidelines to aid in the qualification of patients seeking assistance in meeting their financial obligations.
- Financial counselors will attempt to meet with all uninsured patients prior to discharge from the hospital
- Financial counselors will use best efforts to personally contact uninsured patients before any collection activities are initiated
- Uninsured patients that do not qualify for assistance or market basket pricing will receive a 60 percent discount off billed hospital charges and 50 percent off billed physician charges.
- Centura Health will also offer an additional 10 percent Prompt Pay Discount for accounts paid in full within 60 days of receiving the first statement of patient liability.
- If at any point an alternative payment source is identified, all discounts stated in this policy will be reversed.
- A call center is available so that patients may speak to an individual who can help them with questions about their bills; the call center phone number is prominently displayed on all billing correspondence
- Hospital-based physicians and related entities will be encouraged to follow the Centura Health Principles Regarding Uninsured Patients, but this is done at their discretion.
Centura Health will not engage in the following activities:
- Centura Health will not pursue legal action for nonpayment of hospital bills against any patient who has worked with Centura Health to demonstrate his or her inability to pay and who is unemployed or otherwise financially unable to pay
- Centura Health will not pursue legal action for nonpayment if the only way to collect payment would be to place a lien on the patient's home.
Centura Health always has distinguished itself from other hospitals and systems in its treatment of the uninsured:
- Centura Health hospitals will continue to treat patients in their emergency rooms without regard to the patient's ability to pay. All patients will continue to be triaged and treated as appropriate.
- Centura Health has provided numerous outreach programs to the community in its pursuit of healthy communities and constantly seeks opportunities to advance its health care ministry.
- It is not the practice of Centura Health to place a lien on a patient's home when it is the patient's only asset
- Centura Health will continue to work for increased access and coverage for the uninsured through legislative and community activity
- It is the practice of Centura Health not to pursue legal action for nonpayment unless it has first examined the patient's eligibility for other assistance or charity care.
Connecting seniors to benefits to stay independent and healthy
We know seniors need a trusted partner to help them maintain their health, and to make the golden years as vibrant and healthy as possible. That’s why we’re dedicated to making connections to a wide-range of trusted resources and support to help those 55+ save money on things like health care, prescription drugs, medical expenses and more.
Learn more about how this no-cost benefit grants access to RxAssist, BenefitsCheckUp Colorado, Medicare Part D Assistance and SHIP (State Health Insurance Program), as well as hundreds of other programs ready to assist you.