Advancing social justice for all
In our shared responsibility to continue to make our workplaces, care sites and communities more equitable, Centura’s Social Justice Framework was established in 2020. Our Sponsors, Board, leadership, and 21,000 caregivers are aligned around this multi-year plan with commitments for meaningful change in five priority areas:
- Recognition and Support – ensuring community governance, senior leadership, and other structural elements support our journey.
- Education and Development – fundamentals education for all leadership and physicians.
- Human Resources – formal policy and process review, recruitment and retention, and pipeline programs in health care professions.
- Health Disparities – eliminating gaps in care provision and health outcomes, screening for social justice psychosocial factors, and integrating social determinants of health into electronic health records.
- Community Impact – addressing suppliers and contractors, establishing a community grant program, and increasing government and community advocacy for change.
Centura Health Equity & Advancement Fund
Our Health Equity & Advancement Fund was launched in June 2021 to support our commitment to Diversity and Inclusion. In our vision to make every community, every neighborhood, every life – whole and healthy, we are continually working to enable our associates and communities to inspire change.
The application window for the Centura Health Equity & Advancement Fund has closed as of July 31, 2021.
The next grant application will open in the Spring of 2022.