Neuropsychologists are psychologists with special training in how the brain and nervous system affect an individual’s behavior and cognition, particularly when a brain injury or illness has occurred.
Our neuropsychologists specialize in the evaluation and management of cognitive and behavioral issues associated with traumatic brain injuries, neurodegenerative conditions and other medical conditions affecting cognition.
Find a neuropsychologist who’s right for you
Conditions we treat
Our board-certified neuropsychologists have the training and experience to assist people with:
- Alzheimer’s disease
- Attention deficit disorders, such as ADHD or ADD
- Brain trauma, including concussion
- Cognitive changes following surgery
- Developmental learning disorders
- Effects of toxins or chronic substance abuse
- Language disturbance
- Parkinson’s disease
- Psychiatric or neuropsychiatric disorders
- Seizure disorders
- Stroke and other cardiovascular disorders
During an evaluation, your neuropsychologist will talk with you (and often a loved one), review your medical records and assess your mood and current abilities, such as attention, language and memory, to make recommendations for treatment and day-to-day living. This information will help inform your care team about problems you may be experiencing and help guide your treatment plan.