Whether you are living with a spine condition or have a back injury, our goal at Centura Health is to help you return to your active life with less pain and better function. That’s why we treat a variety of spine conditions, offering effective surgical and nonsurgical options customized to your unique needs.
Our neurospine experts use their years of experience along with advanced technology to help you regain movement and improve your quality of life. Our patients report a drastically improved quality of life, outstanding rates of satisfaction, rapid recovery and low complication rates.
Spine conditions we treat
Our back and spine surgeons are neurosurgery experts with access to leading-edge technology. They work in close collaboration with the area’s leading orthopedic specialists to provide advanced treatment and surgical intervention for:
- Bone spurs
- Degenerative spine conditions, including arthritis, herniated and ruptured disks, scoliosis and misalignment
- Pinched spinal nerve and nerve root compression with radiating pain
- Radiculopathy in the arm or leg
- Spinal cord compression
- Spinal cord tumors
- Spinal fractures and trauma
- Spinal instability
- Spinal malformations
- Spinal stenosis
- Spondylolisthesis (bone in the spine that has moved out of place)
Your recommended spine treatment may include minimally invasive or traditional spine surgery, depending on your symptoms, health history and other factors.
State-of-the-art equipment allows for smaller incisions, which can decrease postoperative pain, cause fewer muscle spasms and allow for a speedier recovery and more cost-effective care than traditional open surgery. However, some conditions, such as major spine deformity, extensive trauma, infection or spinal tumors, may require open surgery.
Some of our minimally invasive spine procedures include:
- Dynamic stabilization techniques: Technology used as an alternative to spinal fusion
- Sacroiliac joint fusion: A surgical procedure that fuses a pelvic bone to the spine
- Endoscopic microdiscectomy: A minimal incision technique using a small fiber-optic camera to see the affected disk
- X-Stop: An implanted device designed to provide pain relief for spinal stenosis
In addition to innovative approaches to surgery, our team has access to state-of-the-art technology to improve your overall experience:
- Mazor Robotics Renaissance Guided Spine Surgery: Centura Health was the first in Colorado to offer the Renaissance Guided Spine Surgery system. This guided surgical system enables spine surgeons to perform surgery with enhanced precision — providing safer and more accurate minimally invasive spine surgeries with less pain and faster recovery times.
- Pentero microscope: This revolutionary microscope for neurological and spine surgery provides optimum optics and integrated digital visualization.
- StealthStation Surgical Navigation System: Before surgery, diagnostic imaging isloaded into the StealthStation system, where images are analyzed and translated into extremely precise 3-D images. Your surgeon uses these images to map the least invasive and safest path to the target site. Once surgery begins, the system produces 3-D, real-time images of the procedure, allowing the surgeon to see behind areas that are hard to reach without disturbing the tissue around them.