Centura Health pain management experts use a combination of pain treatment options to treat even the most complex pain conditions. Through a breadth of knowledge, skill and experience, we can help you improve function and feel better.
When you’re suffering from pain, feeling “good” may seem unachievable. While solving the complex problems of debilitating pain is neither simple nor obvious, our skilled pain management specialists have the breadth of knowledge and experience to relieve pain and restore your quality of life.
We use the least invasive and highly effective techniques to diagnose and treat painful conditions — often with fewer side effects, less risk of complications and less reliance on medications. Whether your symptoms are new or you’ve suffered for years, whether your pain is moderate or makes every moment miserable, we can help. Even if it seems you’ve tried everything, you may be surprised how much better you could feel.
Find a Pain Management specialist near you
- Back, neck and spine pain including herniated disks, degenerative disk disease, facet arthropathy, spinal stenosis, radiculopathy and failed back surgery syndrome
- Cancer-related pain
- Diabetic and other peripheral neuropathies
- Headaches including migraines, tension headaches, cluster headaches, cervicogenic headaches, occipital neuralgia and rebound headaches
- Orthopedic and joint pain including sacroiliac joint pain, hip pain, knee pain, shoulder pain, osteoarthritis or rheumatoid arthritis pain and gout pain
- Muscle pain
- Nerve pain such as post-herpetic neuralgia (a complication of shingles)
- Pain related to trauma or injury
- Pain syndromes such as fibromyalgia and complex regional pain syndrome
- Pelvic pain
After thoroughly assessing and accurately diagnosing your condition, we’ll develop a comprehensive pain relief plan specific to your needs. Our goal is to provide treatment that targets right where you hurt and “turn off” pain signals or disrupt their communication with your brain.
Treatments May Include:
- Medication: Sometimes the least invasive and most effective treatment option is medication — responsibly dispensed, attentively monitored and regularly re-evaluated. We can adjust your medications or introduce new options with the goal of increasing relief and reducing side effects.
- Injections: We perform all types of pain management injection techniques, including nerve blocks, sympathetic blocks, discography, epidurals, joint injections and radiofrequency ablations. Using injection techniques specifically designed for pain management, we can:
- Deliver pain-relieving medicine right where you hurt
- Disrupt the pain signal’s path to your brain, so you feel more comfortable without numbness or loss of function
- Identify the source of pain
- Determine whether a proposed procedure will succeed in relieving your pain
- Prevent post-surgical problems, such as phantom limb pain
- Implantable Spinal Cord Stimulators: Spinal cord stimulation offers long-term or even permanent relief from many types of chronic pain. An implanted medical device generates an electrical impulse that changes your perception of pain. You control the device and can adjust it as needed.
We can also provide therapeutic and diagnostic support in preparation for surgery. We’re happy to work with practitioners in such areas as nutrition, naturopathy and yoga to coordinate a holistic approach to your care.