Robotic-Assisted Bariatric Surgery
Find Surgeons Specializing in Robotic-Assisted Bariatric Surgery
Find surgeons specializing in minimally-invasive robotic-assisted bariatric surgery.
Are you struggling to lose a significant amount of weight? You’re probably aware that being clinically obese can lead to serious health problems, including heart disease, high blood pressure, diabetes, sleep apnea and more. At Centura Health, we understand that losing weight can often feel like an uphill battle. Our doctors can help you lose the weight and regain your health through minimally invasive robotic-assisted bariatric (weight-loss) surgery. Minimally invasive weight-loss surgery may be an excellent option if you have a body mass index (BMI) of 40 and higher, or a BMI of 35 or higher with obesity-related health conditions.
Why choose robotic-assisted bariatric surgery?
Robotic surgery typically offers many benefits including faster healing times and improved outcomes. With only a few tiny incisions, your surgeon can perform complex surgery that offers you the potential for:
- Significantly less pain
- A faster recovery time
- A shorter hospital stay
- A quicker return to your everyday activities
- Less scarring
- Less risk of infection
- Less blood loss
Features of our robotic surgery system include:
- Enhanced 3-D, high-definition vision of operative field with up to 10 times magnification
- Optical dual console allows a second surgeon to provide assistance
- Superior visual clarity of tissue and anatomy
- Surgical dexterity and precision far greater than even the human hand
- An additional robotic “arm” that expands the types of procedures that can be performed
Services we offer
Our bariatric surgeons specialize in the following robotic weight-loss procedures:
- Sleeve gastrectomy - promotes weight loss by removing a portion of the stomach
- Roux-en-y gastric bypass - alters the digestion process to prevent the absorption of excess calories
- Loop duodenal switch - removes part of the stomach and loops the small bowel to restrict absorption of calories