Robotic-Assisted General Surgery
Find Surgeons Specializing in Robotic-Assisted General Surgery
Find surgeons specializing in minimally-invasive robotic-assisted general surgery.
At Centura Health, we understand that surgery can be a scary proposition for you, no matter how routine the procedure. If surgery is recommended, you want to learn as much as you can about your surgical options and find the surgeon and hospital that are right for you.
While surgery is generally the most effective treatment option for a wide range of conditions, traditional open surgery often means a longer recovery and increased risk of infection than less invasive forms of surgery. Laparoscopic surgery, in which smaller incisions are used, is effective for many routine procedures, but it has limitations when more complex surgery is required.
Robotic-assisted surgery provides surgeons with an alternative to both traditional open surgery and conventional laparoscopy, putting a surgeon’s hands at the controls of a state-of-the-art robotic platform. The system enables surgeons to perform even the most complex and delicate procedures, such as prostatectomy (prostate removal), through very small incisions with unmatched precision. With robotic-assisted surgery, surgeons operate using only 1- to 2-cm incisions, but with greater precision and control than ever before.
General surgeries we offer
Robotic-assisted surgery can be used for a broad range of general surgical procedures, including bariatric, esophageal and colorectal surgery. We’re proud to offer several options for our patients, including:
- Appendectomy - removal of appendix
- Heller myotomy - surgery for patients with the swallowing disorder, achalasia
- Gastrectomy - stomach cancer surgery
- Hernia repair
- Cholecystectomy - gallbladder surgery
- Colectomy - removal of all or part of the colon due to cancer, ulcerative colitis or Crohn’s disease
- Nissen fundoplication - acid reflux surgery
- Pancreatectomy - removal of pancreas
- Throat and esophageal cancer surgery