The hyperbaric and wound care center at Holy Cross Hospital – Mountain Point represents a comprehensive resource for treating people suffering from chronic, non-healing or difficult wounds.
Wounds that don’t heal naturally can become a complex medical problem requiring specialized treatment. Typically, a wound that does not respond to normal medical care within 30 days is considered a problem or chronic wound.
After an initial evaluation, we provide each patient with an individualized plan to help heal these difficult wounds. A treatment plan may include advanced wound treatments, specialized compression wraps, bioengineered human tissue grafting, antibiotic treatments, negative pressure wound therapy and hyperbaric oxygen therapy.
- Abscess and cellulitis
- Diabetic foot and leg ulcers
- Edema/leg swelling
- Mild burns
- Ostomy and ileostomy management
- Pressure ulcers
- Surgical wounds
- Ulcers from peripheral arterial disease (vascular ulcers)
- Venous leg ulcers
- Wounds associated with cancer or radiation treatment
- Wounds from autoimmune disorders
- Other hard to heal wounds