SET Family Medical Clinics
Bridging health care gaps for the underserved.
SET (Service, Empowerment, Transformation) was created by the Wheaton Franciscan Sisters in 1988 to serve the uninsured, underinsured and Medicaid populations in Colorado Springs. Under the auspices of this program, highly skilled and compassionate doctors, nurse practitioners, nurses and integrated behavioral health consultant provide access to free health clinics and community resources, acting as a bridge between the uninsured, underinsured, and the health care system. Integrative behavioral health provides short term therapy and support groups to address mental health and substance use disorders. These programs embody the mission of Centura Health as they support our efforts to provide much-needed community health services.
SET Family Medical Clinics serves all low income, uninsured and underinsured people, regardless of their ability to pay full price for services. SET has a discounted sliding fee schedule for those with limited financial resources. We do not discriminate based upon an individual’s race, color, gender, national origin, disability, religion, or sexual orientation. We accept Medicaid and Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHP+).
We also offer integrated behavioral health and have an on-site dental hygienist for cleanings and x-rays.
Providing basic medical care to the homeless and very low income population.
Location: 14 West Bijou Street Colorado Springs, CO 80903
The healthcare services are provided by volunteer providers and nurses. Patients are connected to other healthcare resources if needed. In addition to these services SET also provides personal hygiene products collected by our Necessities Drive.
33.9% percent of SET Homeless Clinic patients said they would have gone to the ER if SET did not exist
The SET Homeless Clinic provides basic medical care to the homeless and very low income through licensed medical volunteers. Most frequent aliments include abscessed teeth, cuts, infected fingers, asthma etc. The volunteer staff also assist clients in assessing other health care resources, provide personal hygiene products and conduct a sock exchange to help in efforts of preventative care. The clinic dispenses over the counter pain medication and antacids and provides health education.
Ways to donate:
- Monetary donations
- El Paso County Enterprise Zone – 25% CO state tax credit
- Medicines (un-opened and unexpired)
- Clinic Supplies/Equipment
- Travel-size hygiene items
Donation items accepted
- Disposable Razors
- Foot Powder
- Cough Drops
- Nail Files and Clippers
- Travel Size Lotions, Soaps, Tooth paste & Shampoo
- Monetary donations are also gladly accepted
How you can help
- Individual - SET accepts monetary and in-kind donations any time of year online, through mail or drop off.
- Businesses - Sponsoring SET with monetary contributions or grants shows your employees and fellow citizens that you care about community health. Your contributions help us continue providing quality care to those without access to medical care, including your employees and their families.
- Service Groups - SET has many great opportunities for schools, clubs and other service groups to contribute to SET and the well-being of our patients by hosting necessity drives, collecting monetary donations, and other service projects.
- Churches - Talk with your church about donating a portion of the tithes and offerings to SET. Several local churches donate annually and make a big impact in the lives of our patients.
SET is a volunteer based organization
It is through dedicated volunteers that we are able to continue the mission to serve, empower and transform our patients.
Benefits to you:
- Opportunity to support the underserved and low income community
- Opportunity to give back to the community and utilize your background and training to help others
- A place to give your time and talents and make a direct impact
- Opportunity to maintain, gain or increase skills.
- Submit the Online Volunteer Application
- Email the background check
- SET is a volunteer based organization, download brochure.
- Mail In/Drop off
- Administrative Office Building
Attn: Volunteer Coordinator
2864 South Circle Drive
4th Floor - Suite 450
Colorado Springs, CO 80906
- Administrative Office Building
- Fax your application to 719-776-8854
There is something for everyone. Volunteer opportunities include (but are not limited to):
- Nurse Practitioner
- Medical Assistants
- Intake Coordinator
- General Office
- Administrative Assistant
Primary Care & Specialty Services We Provide
- Adult physicals
- Daycare, school & sports physicals
- Behavioral Health
- Dental hygiene services
Conditions We Treat
- Ear aches
- Eye infections
- Minor dermatological conditions
- Sore throat
- Asthma & COPD