The St. Anthony Hospital Breast Center is specifically designed to meet the needs of patients with breast problems, breast cancer or general concerns about breast health. We educate women about all their available treatment options with compassionate care from our on-site specialists including breast surgeons, medical oncologists and radiation oncologists.
Our expert team of caregivers utilizes state-of-the-art technology to provide excellent breast surgical care and the personalized experience and best possible outcomes our patients deserve.
We educate women about all their available treatment options and provide hope when it matters most. Our breast surgery team is compassionate and highly skilled, to help provide the highest standards in patient care and a comfortable experience when you arrive. We’re here to provide complete care for all of your breast surgery needs.
Our breast surgeons work closely with the patient's entire breast cancer treatment team to offer an individualized treatment plan which may include:
- Diagnosis of benign lesions
- Evaluation of high-risk patients, including those with family history and genetic mutation
- Diagnosis and treatment of high-risk lesions
- Counseling of risk reduction modalities
- Excisional biopsy for diagnosis
- Breast conservation and partial mastectomy surgery
- Skin-sparing and nipple-sparing mastectomy
- Modified radical mastectomy
- Bilateral mastectomy
- Prophylactic mastectomy for breast cancer prevention
- Mastectomy with immediate breast reconstruction surgery
- Sentinel lymph node biopsy
- Axillary lymph node dissection
- Radiation therapy, including whole breast and partial breast radiation
- Endocrine therapy
- Genetics evaluation
- Lymphedema evaluation and treatment
- Nutrition counseling
- Clinical trials of investigational medicine and procedures
Our breast care team at St. Anthony North Hospital offers the expertise and care that you can count on throughout your journey, from screenings to diagnosis and treatment to coping with side effects and life beyond cancer.
Our team includes:
- Board-Certified, Dedicated Breast Radiologists
- Board-Certified Breast Surgeons
- Breast Nurse Navigator
Our breast care team at St. Anthony Hospital offers the expertise and care that you can count on throughout your journey, from screenings to diagnosis and treatment to coping with side effects and life beyond cancer.
When you've been diagnosed with breast cancer, having a nurse specialist to help you navigate your care and concerns can make all the difference.
At the St. Anthony Breast Center we offer nurse navigator assistance, at no additional cost, to patients who have a breast cancer diagnosis. Our Certified Breast Cancer Nurse Navigator is a registered nurse with more than a decade’s experience in oncology and nursing. She can assist you in finding the answers and support you need throughout your diagnostic evaluation and course of care.
How Does a Patient Connect With the Nurse Navigator?
When possible, the nurse navigator meets with the patient during her initial diagnostic appointment at St. Anthony Breast Center. If this introduction cannot take place that day, the navigator will contact the patient by telephone shortly thereafter to discuss needs and next steps.
The COPE Library™ for Breast Health
One of the many resources our nurse navigator can share with you when you visit the St. Anthony Breast Center is current, patient-friendly information from the COPE (Cancer Online Patient Education) Library. Among the topics covered are breast imaging procedures, biopsy procedures, types of breast cancers, surgical procedures, chemotherapy, radiation, hormonal therapy, side effects, reconstruction and medication. There is no charge for this information.