The St. Mary-Corwin Hospital Breast Center of Excellence provides comprehensive, multidisciplinary breast care which includes a wide range of clinical and support services. From screening and diagnosis to treatment and counseling, our program is specifically designed to meet the needs of patients with breast problems, breast cancer, or general concerns about breast health.
We don't believe you should ever settle for second best in life. Especially not when it comes to your health and wellness. At St. Mary-Corwin Hospital, we are pleased to offer the superior technology of 3D Mammography. This state-of-the-art equipment produces a clearer, better image. Plus, it's quicker and more comfortable than a traditional mammogram, so you're in and out almost before you can appreciate our beautiful surroundings.
St. Mary-Corwin Hospital is an accredited Breast Center of Excellence. This accreditation demonstrates our dedication to providing exceptional care and treatment for our patients.
- We provide a higher level of care for our patients
- Dedicated breast imaging and convenient appointments, including some early morning and Saturday appointments
- Full-time breast surgeon certified by the American Society of Breast Surgeons certified breast surgeon
- Multidisciplinary team approach and streamline appointments
- Education and support, including information about prevention, early detection, new treatment options and clinical trials
- The latest cancer treatments in chemotherapy and radiation therapy
- Genetic counseling
The National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers (NAPBC) is the gold standard in breast accreditations. During the survey process, the center must demonstrate compliance with standards established by the NAPBC for treating women who are diagnosed with the full spectrum of breast disease.
The standards include proficiency in the areas of:
- Center leadership
- Clinical management
- Community outreach
- Professional education
- Quality improvement
St. Mary-Corwin Hospital is proud to be a NAPBC accredited breast center. Receiving care at a NAPBC-accredited center ensures that a patient will have access to:
- Comprehensive care, including a full range of state-of-the-art services
- A multidisciplinary team approach to coordinate the best treatment options
- Information about ongoing clinical trials and new treatment options
- Quality breast care close to home
The Breast Center of Excellence at St. Mary-Corwin Hospital has been designated a Breast Imaging Center of Excellence by the American College of Radiology (ACR). By awarding facilities this status, the ACR recognizes breast imaging centers that have earned a higher standard of accreditation in mammography, stereotactic breast biopsy, breast ultrasound (including ultrasound-guided breast biopsy), and breast MRI. The department meets the highest standards for image quality and radiation safety set by the ACR. It also furthers the hospital's commitment to providing optimum breast care by achieving the Breast Center of Excellence designation.
The National Consortium of Breast Centers invites breast centers from across the United States to participate in its National Quality Measures for Breast Centers™ Program (NQMBC™). Released in April of 2007, the NQMBC™ Program offers facilities providing breast health care the ability to track and measure quality performance in more than 30 separate quality indicators. The most impressive component of this program is the ability of participants to enter data and immediately compare their performance on these measures with other participating breast centers around the country. Current participants use these comparison reports to identify where quality care already exists and where quality care improvements can be made.
The highest certification level - Certified Quality Breast Center of Excellence - is achieved by meeting the highest set of certification criteria.
St. Mary-Corwin Hospital’s Breast Center of Excellence offers complete screening and diagnostic services. Our comprehensive services include:
- 3D mammography
- 3D automated breast ultrasound (ABUS)
- Ultrasound-guided breast biopsy
- Digital screening mammography
- Digital mammography
- Breast MRI
- MRI-guided breast biopsy
- Genetic testing
- Stereotactic biopsy
- PET/CT scans
- Bone densitometry screening
- High-risk breast screening
Breast cancer care
If you are diagnosed with breast cancer, you won’t have to travel very far. At the St. Mary-Corwin Hospital Dorcy Cancer Center, we understand that the fight against breast cancer can be intimidating. We offer a full range of clinical trials, psychosocial support services and nurse navigation and pride ourselves on a multidisciplinary approach to care: uniting surgeons, medical and radiation oncologists as well as oncology certified nurses and ancillary staff to deliver the best possible outcome for patients.
We are also part of the Centura Health Cancer Network, a comprehensive statewide cancer network that brings together the best and brightest minds in cancer care, armed with leading edge technologies and capabilities that offer a complete array of services, connecting patients with all types of cancers and blood disorders to the most advanced care available in Colorado. Our integrated approach to cancer care includes:
- Survivorship programs
- Support groups
- Clinical trials
- Wig and prosthetic salon
- Integrative therapy
High Risk Breast Care Clinic
The High Risk Breast Care Clinic offers peace of mind for women and men at risk for breast cancer. If you are at greater than normal risk for developing breast cancer, we can help. You will receive a breast cancer screening, genetic risk evaluation, individual assessment, recommendations for prevention, innovative breast care, and routine monitoring as recommended by the National Comprehensive Cancer Network.
Factors that can increase a women’s risk of developing breast cancer include:
- Previous breast cancer diagnosed at or before 50 years of age
- Family history of breast cancer diagnosed at or before 50 years of age
- Family history of male breast cancer
- Ashkenazi Jewish ancestry
- Family history of a known gene mutation (BRCA)
- Previous radiation treatment to the chest
St. Mary-Corwin Hospital is committed to providing expert, accurate and comfortable mammography screening services.
Mammography services at this location include:
- 3D Mammography (Tomosynthesis)
- Digital screening mammography
- Digital diagnostic mammography
To schedule a screening mammogram or learn more about our Breast Center of Excellence, contact us:
- To schedule an appointment: 719-557-4444
- For more information: 719-557-5054
We offer a full-spectrum of breast care support services, including a breast imaging navigator and breast care nurse navigator. Our navigators play an integral role in the Breast Center, including one-on-one consultation as well as providing educational support.
The role of our navigators is to:
- Coordinate individualized care for each patient.
- Assure timely access of scheduled appointments.
- Provide emotional support to patients and their families.
- Work closely with our inter-disciplinary team.
- Educate patients about individual cancer diagnosis and treatment options.
- Help patients make informed decisions about treatment and care.
- Advocate for patients throughout treatment.
- Assist with recovery and rehabilitation plans.
Our navigators offer personalized support and are a unique asset to the Breast Center of Excellence. We’re committed to bringing knowledge and comfort to all of our patients, and the navigators serve an important role as facilitators and guides for patients, providing support through each phase of diagnosis and treatment. To learn more, please contact each of our navigators directly.