Helping You Recover and Prevent Future Heart Attacks
Our comprehensive cardiac rehabilitation program is designed to help you recover from a cardiac event so you can return to as full and productive a life as possible, and prevent a future heart attack.
We offer preventive services along with a variety of rehabilitation options for patients who have undergone open-heart surgery, as well as patients with conditions such as congestive heart failure and angina or are recovering from a heart attack or angioplasty.
Our beautiful new space offers flat screen TV's, a separate aerobics room tailored for our fit classes and as always, our facility is staffed with Exercise Physiologists and RN's.
Cardiac Rehabilitation Services include:
- Patients and families here for heart surgery meet with a cardiovascular nurse practitioner to discuss the procedure and ask questions before their surgery.
- The Cardiovascular Rehabilitation team begins working with the patient immediately following their procedure. Patients and family receive care, diet and activity guidelines to prepare them to return home.
- Outpatient rehabilitation includes individualized monitored exercise, dietary and stress management counseling, and smoking cessation , if needed.
- The cardiac rehabilitation gym is equipped with treadmills, elliptical, Biodex machines, recumbent bikes, a row machine, an arm ergometer and both free-weights and a multi-functional weight training machine.
- Cardiac rehabilitation "graduates" can then join members of the community at The Wellness Center . Along with gym use, they can choose from a variety of classes, including yoga, Tai Chi and strength training, all geared to the individual's personal abilities.
Breathe easier with our Pulmonary Rehab Program.
St. Anthony Hospital’s Pulmonary Rehab Program gives you the tools you need to live with Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) and other chronic lung conditions, such as:
- Chronic Bronchitis
- Pulmonary Hypertension
- Pulmonary Fibrosis
- Interstitial lung disease
- Lung cancer and lung cancer surgery
- Lung volume reduction surgery before and after lung transplant.
- Individualized monitored exercise tailored to your needs. Exercise will help improve your endurance and muscle strength, so you are able to be more active.
- Psychosocial support: people who have chronic lung diseases are more prone to depression, anxiety, and other emotional problems. The wellness counselor also addresses smoking cessation and offers support to maintain healthy behaviors.
- Weekly educational classes: providing Pulmonary Rehab patients with information regarding health, medications, oxygen therapy, breathing re-training, anatomy, energy conservation techniques, importance of exercise, self care and nutrition.
St. Anthony Hospital Cardiac & Pulmonary Rehabilitation
We look forward to answering your questions and helping you with enrollment in our programs. Our programs are covered by most insurance plans.