Senior Emergency Services
If you need our help, we're around the corner. Around the clock.
We've expanded our Emergency Department at St. Anthony Hospital to deliver top-level care and service to this neighborhood's rapidly growing population of older adults.
Our new and larger environment offers such advantages as:
- A setting designed for patient safety and comfort. Private rooms, noise reduction, soft lighting and skid-resistant flooring create a calming care environment
- Beds designed for comfort. Thicker mattresses and innovative stretcher-chairs effortlessly position patients for treatment
- Assistive devices to ease communication. Advanced visual and hearing technologies are available
- An award-winning emergency team. We are among the select few in the U.S. to earn the Lantern Award for Excellence. Our nurses have special training in senior acute care. And our overall patient satisfaction score is above 94%
- Family convenience. Access is easy and plenty of free parking is available right outside the Emergency entrance
- Added dimensions of service, including: Comprehensive Stroke Center Certification; Certified Cardiac & Heart Attack Center; 24-hour Behavioral Health team for patients with anxiety, depression and other mental health needs; Discharge call-back program; Level 1 Trauma Center
The St. Anthony Hospital Emergency Department is equipped with:
- 36 private emergency exam rooms
- Four dedicated trauma rooms
- Two trauma rooms with in-room x-ray capability
- CT in the emergency department for immediate access to life-saving CT scans
- Specialized care for seniors
- A large, comfortable emergency room waiting area
St. Anthony Hospital is designated a Level I Trauma Center by the State of Colorado Department of Health. A Level I designation is the highest level of definitive and comprehensive emergency and trauma care for patients with complex injuries.