Stroke Physician Specialists
Physicians in multiple specialties at St. Anthony Hospital combine their expertise to provide comprehensive care for patients who have suffered a stroke. The collaboration of these specialists provides each patient with the best possible treatment options and the highest quality of care. Team members in the Stroke and Neurovascular Program excel in diagnosing and treating stroke through a wide range of treatment options. Physicians are up-to-date on the latest research findings and treatment techniques.
Stroke specialists include:
- Emergency medicine specialists
- Neurologists - physicians specializing in diagnosing and treating disorders of the nervous system.
- Neuro-interventional specialists - radiologists and neurosurgeons trained in minimally invasive interventional procedures to treat a variety of vascular (blood vessel) disorders of the brain.
- Neurosurgeons - surgeons who treat disorders affecting the brain, spinal cord, nerves and spine.
- Intensivists - physicians who have specialized training in critical care medicine.
- Vascular surgeons - surgeons who specialize in diseases of the blood vessels.
- Rehabilitation specialists with training in stroke.
Flight For Life
This internationally regarded air and ground ambulance resource was born at St. Anthony Hospital and serves those in need of critical care transport across the Rocky Mountain Region. Stroke patients from throughout Colorado and neighboring states are flown to St. Anthony Hospital for stroke care.