Building Independence - A Team Effort
The IRF is a bridge between the hospital stay and the transition to home. Inpatient Rehabilitation services are provided under the direction of a Medical Director, who is qualified to manage physical rehabilitation programs of patients after a complex injury, disease or surgery.
Comprehensive care for complex health issues
The St. Anthony Hospital Inpatient Rehabilitation Facility provides comprehensive rehabilitation in an acute-care setting for patients whose conditions are complex and require a multi-disciplinary approach for optimal recovery. Our therapy team specializes in a variety of medical conditions such as stroke, trauma and spinal cord injuries.
Our location within St. Anthony Hospital allows for immediate access to medical and surgical specialties, including critical care, internal medicine, neurology, neurosurgery, and orthopedics. Radiology and laboratory services are also available.
Medical conditions we treat at the Inpatient Rehabilitation Facility include:
- Brain Injury
- Neurological Conditions
- Spinal Cord Injury (SCI)
- Medically Complex Conditions
Acute Stroke Rehabilitation Program
Comprehensive inpatient rehabilitation and therapeutic services to help individuals recover from stroke
The multidisciplinary inpatient acute stroke rehabilitation program provides intensive physical therapy, occupational therapy and speech therapy to give patients the strengths and skills they need to return to their highest level of function.
A referral can be made by a local physician, hospital case managers or by personally calling 720-321-1502 . An evaluation by a pre-admission screening liaison is required (provided at no charge) to determine rehabilitation needs.
Health Insurance Coverage
Health insurance benefits will be verified prior to admission. Most major insurance carriers, including Medicare and Medicaid, cover inpatient rehabilitation programs.
A multi-disciplinary team of rehabilitation specialists, in collaboration with the patient, work to provide varied services to help patients regain as much of their independence as possible.
Families are also very involved and receive ongoing training and education to be able to assist their family member safely and confidently at home.
- Rehabilitation Medical Director
- Physical Therapists
- Occupational Therapists
- Speech-Language Pathologists
- Certified Rehabilitation Nurse Specialists
- Social Workers/Case Managers
- Pastoral Care
- Music Therapy
- Massage Therapists
Criteria for Admission
Potential patients for IRF must meet certain criteria including:
- Medical necessity - a patient must have medical and nursing needs that require ongoing inpatient hospitalization
- The patient's medical condition must be stabilized, but continue to need daily management by a Rehabilitation Medical Director
- The patient's functional ability and endurance must be sufficient to allow for at least three hours of participation in at least two therapy services, five days per week
- Functional gains must also be evident by an increase in functional independence throughout the stay
Why Choose Our Program
- Rehabilitation Medical Director
- Highly Trained Licensed Therapists
- Highly Trained Rehabilitation Nurses
- Personalized Plan of Care
- Swallowing management utilizing Neuromuscular Electrical Stimulation
- State-of-the Art equipment (Bioness, LiteGait, and TRANS-SIT car transfer simulator)
- Integrative Healing Services
- Pet Therapy and Pet Visitation