The High Risk Breast Care Clinic offers peace of mind for women and men at risk for breast cancer. If you are at greater than normal risk for developing breast cancer, we can help. You will receive a breast cancer screening, genetic risk evaluation, individual assessment, recommendations for prevention, innovative breast care, and routine monitoring as recommended by the National Comprehensive Cancer Network.
Factors that can increase a women’s risk of developing breast cancer include:
- Previous breast cancer diagnosed at or before 50 years of age
- Family history of breast cancer diagnosed at or before 50 years of age
- Family history of male breast cancer
- Ashkenazi Jewish ancestry
- Family history of a known gene mutation (BRCA)
- Previous radiation treatment to the chest