Use online video visits with American Well® anytime you have a non-emergency medical condition, are unable to see your primary care physician or when you need convenient care, at an affordable price.
- Pay just $49 out of pocket, or check your insurance coverage as your cost may be lower.
- Most doctor visits take about 10 minutes, but you can always add time if you need to.
- Doctors on American Well can review your history, answer questions, diagnose, treat and even prescribe medication. Prescriptions will be sent to your pharmacy of choice.
See a Provider Now
Simply create an account and access our virtual care – powered by American Well – on your mobile or desktop. (Must be camera enabled device.)
When would I use an online visit?
- I should probably see a doctor, but can’t fit it into my schedule
- My doctor’s office is closed
- I feel too sick to drive
- I have children at home and don’t want to bring them with me
- It's difficult for me to get a doctor's appointment
- I'm on business travel and stuck in a hotel room
Common conditions that can be treated with an online visit.
Following are common conditions treated with virtual care:
- Cold & flu
- Ear infection
- Insect bites
- Joint aches
- Pink eye
- Sinus infections
- Sore Throat
Who are the doctors?
Clinical services on American Well are provided by Online Care Group – the nation’s first and largest primary care group devoted to telehealth. Doctors on American Well:
- Have an average of 15-years of experience in primary and urgent care
- Are US Board Certified, licensed, and credentialed
- Have profiles, so you can see their education and practice experience
- Are rated by other patients, so you can review and select the doctor that meets your needs
Other frequently asked questions.
Q: Does my insurance cover virtual care?
A: Signing up is free and patients only pay per visit. For insured patients, co-pay and/or co-insurance requirements for these types of visits are determined by a consumers’ health insurance plan. Consumers should review individual plan benefits to determine individual financial obligations.
Q: Is American Well (the virtual program) safe and private?
A: Yes, American Well is safe and private. American Well is compliant with HIPAA (Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act) and will only share your information with your selected doctor and pharmacy.
Q: Can a doctor prescribe medication as part of a virtual appointment?
A: Yes, if the doctor believes medication is needed, he or she can write a prescription for non-narcotic medications (no controlled substances), which can be sent directly to the pharmacy of your choice. If your pharmacy is unable to receive e-prescriptions, a traditional prescription is generated for our doctors to sign and fax.
Q: How long is the average visit?
A: 7-12 minutes
Q: Are children eligible for this service?
A: Yes. American Well has pediatricians on call 24/7/365. A parent or guardian must be present during any interactions involving minors. We ask parents to establish a child record under their account. Parents must be present on each call for children 18 or younger. Patients with a fever under 36 months old who present a fever be seen in person by a provider.
Q: How do I add my spouse?
A: Your spouse should create a separate account to enroll.
Q: How do I add a child to my account?
A: Parents and guardians can add their children who are under age 18 to their account and have doctor visits on their behalf. Enroll yourself first and then add then add your child or dependent to your account.
Q: What should I do if I have a child over 18 who is still on my health insurance?
A: They should enroll as an adult and create their own separate account.
Questions & Assistance
For more information or questions, contact the support team:
- Phone: 1-855-818-3627
Note: Virtual care is not a replacement for your primary care physician, but it offers you access to quality, convenient care for minor health issues at any time, from any place. Using the latest technologies in web and telecommunications, you can talk live with one of our physicians, or an American Well doctor, by secure online video through your computer, tablet or smartphone. If you use American Well, your information is automatically archived digitally and accessible only by you and your provider. Complete terms & conditions.