Outpatient Rehabilitation & Therapy Services
At Penrose Outpatient Rehabilitation, we offer skilled outpatient rehabilitation and therapy services provided by licensed physical therapists, physical therapy assistants, occupational therapists and speech/language pathologists. We believe in empowering and educating our patients in a variety of ways including reducing and eliminating pain, by developing strength and conditioning and improving cognitive function. Our goal is to optimize patient functionality, producing value to their daily life regardless of their diagnosis. In addition to traditional physical, occupational and speech therapy, Penrose Outpatient Rehabilitation offers many specialty programs staffed by highly credentialed, compassionate therapists including:
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation - Focuses on spine and extremity musculoskeletal dysfunction and pain management through patient education, manual therapy, modalities and muscle re-education techniques. Specializing in the medically complex, geriatric, or more fragile orthopedic patients. Instrument assisted soft tissue mobilization and functional dry needling available.
- Neurological Rehabilitation - A team of physical, occupational and speech therapists, along with psychology, social work and others, treat patients with closed head, spinal cord and multiple trauma injuries and other neurologic conditions.
- Vestibular Rehabilitation - A specialized program providing occupational and/or physical therapy approaches for treatment of patients with balance and vestibular disorders.
- Swallowing Rehabilitation - A full continuum of care for on-site video swallow studies, clinical evaluations and the latest treatment techniques for patients with neurologic conditions.
- Lymphedema Program - A blend of lymphedemic drainage techniques, compression, exercise and patient education for trunk and extremity management of edema – under supervision of an occupational therapist and occupational therapy assistant.
- Cancer Rehabilitation - An individualized program assessing edema, fatigue, neuropathy, pain, weakness, and endurance deficits resulting from radiation, chemotherapy, or surgical interventions.