Whether your child is a few months old, almost 18 or anywhere in between, our inpatient pediatric care units provide our younger patients with rooms that meet their needs. They’re cared for by a staff with the knowledge and expertise in treating children with medical, surgical, neurological, respiratory, orthopedic and other problems.
Inpatient pediatric units are available at several Centura Health facilities.
A few of our features include:
- Daily patient satisfaction rounds conducted by the nursing team to ensure our patients have everything they need
- Monitoring equipment in each room that gives nursing staff the ability to view each patient when they’re away from the room
- Access to a NICU for our youngest patients
- Child-life specialists
- Child-friendly décor to help make your child’s stay a little easier
- Books and toys for various ages that are regularly cleaned by nursing staff
- A library of children’s movies and a DVD player in each room
- Educational resources to provide you with information on your child’s illness, procedures, treatments, medications and care
Bringing along a few things from home will make your child's stay more comfortable. You’re encouraged to bring the following items if your child is hospitalized:
- Pajamas or comfortable clothing
- A favorite toy or blanket
- Personal use toiletries