Holy Cross Hospital - Jordan Valley
Following a major expansion, Holy Cross Hospital – Jordan Valley's capacity tripled, now housing 171 beds to serve our growing community. We also invested substantially in advanced technology and state-of-the-art equipment, which has attracted our top-notch medical staff and a team of highly skilled nurses. Our entire hospital team is dedicated to providing expert whole person care in a warm, family-friendly environment.
About Our Hospital
About Holy Cross Hospital – Jordan Valley
The staff at Holy Cross Hospital – Jordan Valley is on a mission to provide the highest quality health care with compassion and respect. We demonstrate this daily with proactive, focused, caring interactions that comfort, inform and promote healing among patients, families and co-workers.
Our hospital and staff are continually prepared for surveys that keep us accountable and ensure compliance with the highest levels of quality care and patient safety standards set by numerous regulatory, licensing and accrediting agencies, including:
- Utah Department of Health and Human Services
- Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS)
- College of American Pathologists (CAP)
- American Diabetes Association Education Recognition Program
- The American Heart Association Stroke Receiving Center – UDOH
- Hyperbaric Medicine and Wound Center
Volunteering at Jordan Valley
When you join the volunteers at Holy Cross Hospital – Jordan Valley you make a difference in someone’s life — and your own. Our volunteers provide compassionate care to support our hospital, patients, staff and guests.
As a member of the volunteer team, you will be placed according to your skills and the current needs of the hospital in one of these areas:
- Information desk
- Surgery waiting room
- Short-stay surgery
- Recovery room
- Medical records
- Patient discharge
- Nursing floors
- Rehabilitation unit
- Emergency room
- Materials distribution
- Clerical positions
Individuals 16 years and older who are willing to share their time and talents to help others are welcome to explore volunteer opportunities. Most of our volunteers devote four hours per week to the hospital. For more information about current volunteer needs call Holy Cross Hospital – Jordan Valley at 801-964-3142.
Whether your first visit to Holy Cross Hospital – Jordan Valley is for an emergency, the latest technology, a particular physician visit, or support group, we want to feel welcome — part of our connected community of whole person care. Respecting our patients’ time and resources, we strive to offer as many high-quality medical services as possible in one place, with quick and easy access to information that can help you make important decisions for you and your family.
At Holy Cross Hospital - Jordan Valley we understand that having loved ones nearby can improve healing and help facilitate better care. We welcome families and friends to visit with patients at the hospital.
All visitor information
There are currently no set visiting hours, but some visitation restrictions may apply such as:
- After 6 pm, most doors are locked, and visitors will need to enter through the public emergency department entrance.
- Visitors may be asked to leave a patient’s room during tests and treatments.
- Visitation restrictions may be imposed by the hospital if clinically necessary or needed to ensure safe care of patients.
Free parking is located near all hospital entrances. Convenient covered pull through areas for patient drop off and pick up are located at the outpatient, inpatient and women’s center entrances.
The hospital provides plenty of spacious and comfortable lobbies and family waiting areas. The surgery family waiting area is near the JV Café, which provides refreshments. Vending machines offering a range of snack foods and beverages are located in all other family waiting areas. Wireless internet access is available throughout the hospital including family waiting areas, patient rooms and the JV Café.
To protect our patients, families and employees, we kindly ask that visitors follow these important rules when visiting the ICU:
- There is a two-person limit inside ICU patient rooms unless special arrangements have been made with the patient’s nurse. Comfortable waiting areas are provided nearby.
- Due to increased risk of infection, children under the age of 12 may not be allowed to visit; please contact the unit directly before bringing children to the hospital to visit.
- To protect the privacy of our patients, please do not visit in the ICU hallways.
To protect our babies and their loved ones, please follow these rules when visiting the birth center at Holy Cross Hospital – Jordan Valley:
- Mom’s partner/support person is encouraged to stay in their room as needed 24 hours a day.
- Relatives, siblings and friends may visit at the discretion/approval of the patient and medical team.
- Due to patient privacy laws, all visitors are prohibited from congregating in the hallway or near nurse’s station.
- Rules for children under 12 and sick (or recently sick) adults often vary depending on multiple factors such as season and prevalence of disease within the community. Please contact the department before coming to visit.
Located in the outpatient lobby, the JV Café provides a wide range of healthy selections including daily hot entrees, a salad bar, grill and desserts.
Monday - Friday:
- Breakfast: 7 am to 10 am
- Lunch: 11 am to 2 pm
- Dinner 2 pm to 7 pm
Saturday - Sunday:
- All meals: 7 am to 7 pm
Please ask staff for any assistance you may need with meals.
The chapel inside Holy Cross Hospital - Jordan Valley is located near the women’s center entrance on the first floor. Patients and their families are welcome to visit the chapel anytime.