Longmont United Hospital's Cardiac Rehabilitation Services uses state-of-the-art technology with a human touch. We provide personalized services that are designed to help you recover faster from heart disease and regain a full, productive lifestyle.
Our program is medically supervised and requires a physician prescription. The program is tailored for each patient to meet their specific rehabilitation needs stemming from a health event. Using both exercise and education, we strive to help improve the health and well-being of clients who have had a heart event.
At Longmont United Hospital, we help clients recover from a variety of heart events. Our team of physicians, nurses, exercise physiologists, registered dietitians and pharmacists will help you reach your goals with a carefully designed program that is tailored to your specific needs.
Our cardiac rehab program features monitored exercise sessions in which we gradually increase the efficiency of your heart and strengthen your body's muscles while gaining the confidence you need to return to daily life.
Our cardiac rehabilitation program will help you with the following:
- Controlling your weight and improving your cholesterol levels
- Developing coping and stress reduction skills as well as relaxation techniques
- Earlier return to work and daily activities
- Increasing your self-confidence
- Knowing when to seek medical attention for heart concerns
- Preventing future hospital stays and heart problems
- Reducing your symptoms and chances of having another heart event
- Strengthening and conditioning of your heart and lungs
- Understanding your medications
Conditions We Treat
- Cardiac Valve Surgery
- Coronary artery bypass surgery
- Congestive Heart Failure
- Heart attack
- Heart transplant
- Stable angina