Neuro & Trauma Rehabilitation Center
The Capron Neuro & Trauma Rehabilitation Center at St. Francis Hospital is a CARF Accredited inpatient acute rehabilitation program that provides a safe therapeutic environment with onsite access to a dedicated interdisciplinary team of specialists who assist each patient in reaching their goals for function and returning to their highest level of independence.
On your journey to well-being, our patient-focused program involves you in every step of your recovery. By focusing on your abilities, our dedicated team creates an individualized care plan that encompasses the whole person - mind, body, and soul.
If you have questions or are interested in touring our facility, we invite you to schedule a tour. We accept most commercial insurance plans, as well as Medicare, Medicare Advantage plans and Medicaid.
Hospital level staffing
- Our multidisciplinary teams provide the most comprehensive care to provide patients and their families with the support needed to meet their medical, physical, emotional, and spiritual needs. Our specially-trained and dedicated rehabilitation associates feature a team of registered nurses (RNs) with a ratio of 1:5 or less days, 1:6 or less nights, meaning you or your loved one will receive personalized and focused care.
- The therapy teams – physical therapy, occupational therapy, speech language pathology - all provide scheduled 1:1 treatments, utilizing the specialized rehab equipment available.
- We also provide unit specific case managers to assist with discharge planning needs.
Patient safety is one of our top priorities. We are proud to offer several methods to ensure the highest level of safety and wellbeing:
- Wheelchair safety belts
- Bed/chair alarms (as needed)
- AvaSys video surveillance (as needed)
- 1:1 safety sitter (as needed)
- Call light system goes directly to RN/CNA phone; our average non-emergent response time less than 30 seconds
- Purposeful Hourly rounding
- Bedside Shift Report
- Nurse Leader rounding for feedback
Our interdisciplinary team
- Two Expert Physiatrists - a physician specializing in physical medicine and rehabilitation
- Specially-Trained Rehabilitation Registered Nurses and Certified Nurse Aides
- Physical, Occupational and Speech Therapists
- Social Work and RN Case Managers
- Spiritual Care Professionals
- Respiratory Therapists
- Certified Wound Care Registered Nurses
- Consulting Specialist Physicians
- Pet Therapy
- Full complement of hospital support services and other healthcare professionals to meet the patient’s individualized needs
Acute inpatient rehabilitation with exceptional care for patients & families featuring:
- 23 licensed beds
- Multiple therapy gyms
- All private rooms with private bathrooms
- Menu for personalized meal selection
- A specialized therapy kitchen
- 1:1 therapy sessions
- Weekly care conferences with patient and family to discuss progress, goals, and discharge planning
Conditions We Treat
- Orthopedic Conditions
- Spinal Cord Injuries
- Brain Injuries
- Parkinson’s Disease
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Multiple Sclerosis