Acute Inpatient Rehabilitation with Exceptional Care for Patients & Families
The Capron Neuro and Trauma Rehabilitation Center is a CARF Accredited inpatient acute rehabilitation program that provides a safe therapeutic environment with onsite access to a dedicated interdisciplinary team of specialists who assist each patient in reaching their goals for function and returning to their highest level of independence.
On your journey to well-being, our patient-focused program involves you in every step of your recovery. By focusing on your abilities, our dedicated team creates an individualized care plan that encompasses the whole person - mind, body, and soul.
Our unit is located on the 6th floor of St. Francis Medical Center.
- 23 licensed beds
- Multiple therapy gyms
- All private rooms with private bathrooms
- Menu for personalized meal selection
- A specialized therapy kitchen
- 1:1 therapy sessions
- Weekly care conferences with patient and family to discuss progress, goals, and discharge planning
Our interdisciplinary team includes:
- Two Expert Physiatrists - a physician specializing in physical medicine and rehabilitation
- Specially-Trained Rehabilitation Registered Nurses and Certified Nurse Aides
- Physical, Occupational and Speech Therapists
- Social Work and RN Case Managers
- Spiritual Care Professionals
- Respiratory Therapists
- Certified Wound Care Registered Nurses
- Consulting Specialist Physicians
- Pet Therapy
- Full complement of hospital support services and other healthcare professionals to meet the patient’s individualized needs
Conditions We Treat
Our team of rehabilitation experts specialize in the treatment and care of patients recovering from:
- Orthopedic Conditions
- Spinal Cord and Brain Injuries
- Traumatic Brain Injuries
- Parkinson’s disease, multiple sclerosis, and other movement disorders
- Other disorders and illnesses that decrease function
We offer advanced treatment options to provide a personalized rehabilitation approach for our patients including:
- Sara Stedy
- Sara Plus
- Lite Gait
- Alter G
- Balance System
- Urges Bike
- VitalStim Therapy
- Vision Therapy
Acute (Inpatient Rehabilitation) vs Sub-Acute (Skilled Nursing Facility Rehabilitation)
(Acute) Inpatient Rehabilitation (Sub-Acute) Skilled Nursing Facility Rehabilitation Close medical supervision by a physician with specialized training (physiatrist) and/or Nurse Practitioner Yes No 24-hour Rehabilitation Nursing Yes No Admissions Admitted from any setting; does not require a previous 3-night hospital stay Requires 3-night hospital stay (with the exception of some insurance plans) Multidisciplinary care team consultants Most specialties readily available within the hospital No or Limited Emergency services Immediate; onsite Must call 911 to transfer to nearest facility Radiology and lab services Immediate; onsite Limited - usually contracted services Typical length of stay Approximately seven to 10 days Approximately 20 to 60 days Intensive Physical, Occupational, and Speech Therapy services 1:1 patient specific therapy sessions; 3 hours per day, 5 days per week Therapy can be held in group settings; duration varies, averages 1 hour per day Continuum of Care Immediate ability to obtain electronic medical records from a current or previous Centura Health stay Must request and await any additional documentation which may result in a delay in evaluation and treatment
Hospital Level Staffing
- Our multidisciplinary teams provide the most comprehensive care to provide patients and their families with the support needed to meet their medical, physical, emotional, and spiritual needs. Our specially-trained and dedicated rehabilitation associates feature a team of registered nurses (RNs) with a ratio of 1:5 or less days, 1:6 or less nights, meaning you or your loved one will receive personalized and focused care.
- The therapy teams – physical therapy, occupational therapy, speech language pathology - all provide scheduled 1:1 treatments, utilizing the specialized rehab equipment available.
- We also provide unit specific case managers to assist with discharge planning needs.
Patient safety is one of our top priorities. We are proud to offer several methods to ensure the highest level of safety and wellbeing:
- Wheelchair safety belts
- Bed/chair alarms (as needed)
- AvaSys video surveillance (as needed)
- 1:1 safety sitter (as needed)
- Call light system goes directly to RN/CNA phone; our average non-emergent response time less than 30 seconds
- Purposeful Hourly rounding
- Bedside Shift Report
- Nurse Leader rounding for feedback
How to Make a Referral
We look forward to assisting you with making a referral for acute inpatient rehabilitation.
Referral Options Include:
- Phone: 719-776-2088
- Fax clinicals to: 719-776-5025
- Enter a referral in Allscripts
We accept most commercial insurance plans, as well as Medicare, Medicare Advantage plans, and Medicaid.
Tour Our Facility
If you have questions or are interested in touring our facility, we invite you to schedule a tour.
We accept most commercial insurance plans, as well as Medicare, Medicare Advantage plans and Medicaid.