We are proud of the accolades that Longmont United Hospital has received. These recognitions have solidified us as one of the top health care facilities in the entire state of Colorado.
2017 Outstanding Patient Experience Award
Longmont United Hospital earned the Healthgrades Outstanding Patient Experience Award™ for our high patient experience ratings. This award recognizes hospitals for providing outstanding patient experience based on 10 measures related to doctor and nurse communication, hospital cleanliness and noise levels, and medication and post-discharge care instructions. The award is based on the Hospital Consumer Assessment of Healthcare Providers and Systems (HCAHPS) patient survey data from the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS).
Planetree Global Person - Centered Innovation Award - 2017
Longmont United Hospital received the 2017 Planetree Global Person-Centered Innovation Award in recognition of “Planetree Walking Rounds”, an innovative program we implemented to improve the patient experience and strengthen our person centered culture. This program was designed to engage and empower staff, utilizing their valuable insight to continually enhance the way we deliver care for our patients, families, staff and community. We are proud of this versatile program and continue to expand its applications.
American College of Radiology Accredited Facility for Radiation Oncology
Longmont United Hospital has been awarded a three-year accreditation in radiation oncology, for the Hope Cancer Care Center’s outstanding patient care, as the result of a recent review by the American College of Radiology (ACR). Radiation oncology (radiation therapy) is the careful use of high-energy radiation to treat cancer. The ACR is the nation’s oldest and most widely accepted radiation oncology accrediting body. The ACR seal of accreditation represents the highest level of quality and patient safety. It is awarded only to facilities meeting specific practice guidelines and technical standards developed by ACR after a peer-review evaluation by board-certified radiation oncologists and medical physicists who are experts in the field.
Surgical Review Corporation Designation as a Center of Excellence for Robotic Surgery
The Center of Excellence for Robotic Surgery program recognizes facilities that demonstrate an unparalleled commitment and ability to consistently deliver safe, effective, evidence-based care. The Surgical Review Corporation program ensures robotic surgery providers continuously improve care quality and patient safety. The Center of Excellence in Robotic Surgery (COERS) program ensures that the safest, highest quality of care is delivered to robotic surgery patients worldwide. Longmont United Hospital is one of only two hospitals in Colorado designated as a Center of Excellence for Robotic Surgery.
The Joint Commission’s Gold Seal of Approval – Orthopedic Care
The Joint Commission’s Gold Seal of Approval® for Certification for Total Hip, Total Shoulder and Total Knee Replacement recognizes Longmont United Hospital’s exceptional orthopedic care. This advanced certification demonstrates the hospital’s compliance with advanced disease-specific care standards and total hip and total knee replacement requirements, including orthopedic consultation, and pre-operative, intraoperative and post-surgical orthopedic surgeon follow-up care.
Silver Beacon Award for Excellence™
One of our most honorable distinctions was from The American Association of Critical-Care Nurses (AACN), awarding our Intensive Care Unit with the Silver Beacon Award for Excellence™. This award is only granted to facilities who are dedicated to utilizing continuous learning and effective systems to achieve optimal patient care.
AAGL Center of Excellence for Minimally Invasive Gynecology™
Our gynecology team was honored by the AAGL Center of Excellence for Minimally Invasive Gynecology™. We have also received acclaim for our surgical procedures, including gallbladder removal, gastrointestinal general surgery, pneumonia, and hip fracture surgery.
Further List of Achievements
The following is a selection of organizations who have recognized or awarded us for our achievements.
Carechex recognized several of the departments and procedures at Longmont United Hospital:
- Gallbladder Removal: 2016 Medical Excellence Award and Patient Safety Award for Gallbladder Removal, which included performance ratings in the top 10 percent in the nation, #1 in the state, and #1 in the market.
- Heart Failure Treatment: 2016 Patient Safety Award for Heart Failure Treatment, which included performance ratings in the top 10 percent in the state.
- Hip Fracture Repair: 2015 Medical Excellence Award for Hip Fracture Repair, which included performance ratings in the top 10 percent in the nation.
- Joint Replacement: 2016 Medical Excellence Award and Patient Safety Award for Joint Replacement which included performance ratings in the top 10 percent in the state.
- Major Orthopedic Surgery: 2016 Medical Excellence Award for Major Orthopedic Surgery, which included performance ratings in the top 10 percent for the state.
- Neurological Care: 2016 Medical Excellence Award and Patient Safety Award for Neurological Care, which included performance ratings in the top 10 percent in the nation and top 10 percent for the state.
- Stroke Care: 2016 Medical Excellence Award and Patient Safety Award for Stroke Care, which included performance ratings in the top 10 percent for the state.