Preparing to Deliver at The BirthPlace
We know there is a lot that moms- and dads-to-be have to do to get ready for the arrival of a new baby. To give you a jumpstart on what needs to be done for the actual birth of your child, there are several forms, including a
Please print the forms, complete and return to the BirthPlace. If you prefer to wait, these forms will be available to you during your 20th week gestation prenatal visit at the doctor's office.
Find birth classes to help you prepare for the newest addition to your family.
Colorado Can Do 5 Award
The BirthPlace received the Colorado Can Do 5 award from the Colorado Department of Public Health.
Hospitals that receive the Colorado Can Do 5 breastfeeding award implement five best practices:
- Newborn is breastfed in the first hour after birth
- Only breast milk is fed to the newborn while in the hospital
- Newborn and mom stay in the same room while in the hospital
- A pacifier is not provided to or used by the new born while in the hospital
- Lactation information is provided to the new mom before leaving the hospital, including a Help Line number to call when needed