Providing patients with orthopedic coverage.
As a former team physician for the Denver Broncos and Colorado Rockies, orthopedic sports medicine specialist Dr. Matt Smith is highly skilled at caring for athletes. As the team physician for Fort Lewis College, he provides sideline coverage at football games and in the athletic training room. Dr. Smith and his colleagues also provide sideline medical coverage for Durango and Bayfield high school football games.
Conditions We Treat with Sports Medicine
- Anterior cruciate ligament tears
- Joint pain
- Knee, hip and shoulder cartilage injuries
- Meniscal tears
- Nerve compression injuries
- Rotator cuff injuries
- Sprains and strains
Non-Surgical Treatments, Surgical Options & Advanced Care
- Anti-inflammatory medications
- Arthroscopic repair of dislocating shoulders
- Arthroscopic repair of torn rotator cuffs
- Fixing fractures of most bones including clavicles, ankles, wrists, elbows.
- Hip arthroscopy for labral or tendon tears
- Injection with PRP (platelet rich plasma)
- Injections with steroid or viscosupplementation
- Knee arthroscopy
- Knee ligament repair or reconstruction
- Meniscus repairs
- Meniscus replacements
- Physical therapy
- Procedures to manage cartilage problems in the hip, knee or shoulder
- Repair of chronic ankle sprains
- Repair of dislocating patella (knee cap)
- Shoulder arthroscopy
- Sports performance
- Ultrasound guided injections of the hip and shoulder
Learn more about our sports medicine experts.