What to Bring
We want you to be as prepared as possible for the arrival of your new baby. The following are a few items you may want to have packed and ready to bring with you to the hospital:
- Robe, slippers/socks
- Nursing bra or good supportive bra
- Cosmetics, toiletry items
- Going home outfit for the baby
- Receiving blanket or heavy blanket (as weather permits)
- Infant car seat (Kansas law mandates the use of infant seat when traveling by car)
- Camera or video camera-for before or after the baby is born
*Note: If possible, leave valuables at home
When you are in labor, enter through the emergency department at the north entrance of the hospital, 401 E. Spruce. The ED registrar will check you in and a member of the St. Catherine team will accompany you to the Maternal Child Unit. If you are scheduled for an induction or cesarean section, enter through the outpatient services entrance on the west side of the hospital. The registrar will check you in there.
The Maternal Child Unit is located on the main floor. For you and your baby's safety, our unit is a protected area that will require patients and visitors to request access upon entering and exiting the unit.
- Daily 6:00 am - 10:00 pm