Scott Hallgren, DO
Scott Hallgren, DO, has a special interest in interventional biliary disease, therapeutic and screening colonoscopy, liver disease, irritable bowel syndrome and gastroesophageal reflux disease.
Dr. Hallgren received his Doctorate of Osteopathy from the College of Osteopathic Medicine and Surgery at Des Moines University in Iowa. He completed his family practice internship at Martin Army Hospital in Fort Benning, Georgia, his internal medicine residency at Fitzsimons Army Medical Center in Aurora, Colorado and his gastroenterology fellowship at William Beaumont Army Hospital in El Paso, Texas. He is board-certified by the American Board of Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology and he is a Fellow of the American College of Physicians. In private practice since 1990, Dr. Hallgren has published extensively within his field of practice. Acknowledged by his peers as a leader in this field, he has also taught physicians in training.
In his free time, he enjoys hiking, skiing, golfing, fly fishing and exercising.
Dr. Hallgren has been honored with the following awards for his expertise:
- US News and World Report/Castle Connolly Top Doctor Gastroenterology 2008-present
- Consumers Research Council Top Physician and Gastroenterologist 2003-present
- Peak Performers Award for Colorado 2013
- International Association of Healthcare Professionals Top Gastroenterologist
- Who's Who Medical Field
- Physician Instructor of the Year
- Meritorious Service Award from the United States Army Medical Corp
Credentials & Awards
- My likelihood of recommending the provider:
- Care provider showed concerns for my questions/worries:
- Care provider includes me in decisions about my treatment:
- My wait time in clinic: