Our teams work together to provide a reliable network of emergency heart care.
We know that to save lives, a quick — and effective — response is crucial. We consistently rank among the nation’s top 1 percent for heart attack intervention times, providing care faster than the national standard in less than 90 minutes. Our accredited CPCs are quick in assessing and diagnosing issues, providing treatments and, if necessary, transferring patients to advanced facilities.
CommonSpirit Health’s network is home to five Chest Pain Centers accredited by the American College of Cardiology. The CPC certification is only given by the Society for Chest Pain Centers after strict conditions of excellence are met. That means higher skill levels of our doctors and better outcomes for you or your loved one.
Some of the benefits that certification can offer include:
- Faster care. The streamlined processes for diagnosis, treatment and patient management means we can identify issues and get you the right care fast.
- Better outcomes. With strong, evidence-based medicine and better risk stratification strategies, our certified CPC centers offer you more reliable care.
- Decreased length of stay. Highly organized, streamlined systems mean less time in the hospital and more time resting in the comfort of your own home.
Know the signs of heart attack
If you or a loved one suffers from a heart attack, responding quickly is crucial. Learn the signs and symptoms of heart attack so that you can react fast:
- Pain or tightness in the chest, neck, jaws, shoulder, between the shoulder blades or inside the left arm and waist
- Difficulty breathing
- Vomiting, nausea, cold sweats or clamminess
- Heart palpitations
- Weakness, fatigue, paleness or excessive anxiety
If you or someone around you experiences chest pain or may be having a heart emergency, call 911 immediately. Do not attempt to drive yourself.