As one of the busiest ERs in Utah, Holy Cross Hospital - Jordan Valley West is known for offering a broad spectrum of medical services and specialty clinics to care for the diverse healthcare needs of our growing community. Our hospital is part of a connected ecosystem of care backed by a team of highly skilled healthcare professionals and advanced medical technology that you can trust.
About Our Hospital
The staff at Holy Cross Hospital – Jordan Valley West is on a mission to provide the highest quality health care services with compassion and respect. We demonstrate this daily with proactive, focused, caring interactions that comfort, inform and promote healing among patients, families and co-workers.
We believe in doing what’s right. For us that means taking good care of our patients, treating our employees and physicians fairly, working hard, using resources wisely, and constantly striving to improve the quality and safety of care we deliver to our patients.
When you join the volunteers at Holy Cross Hospital – Jordan Valley West you make a difference in someone’s life — and your own. Our volunteers provide compassionate care to support our hospital, patients, staff and guests.
Volunteers currently work in these areas:
- Information desk
- Surgery waiting room
- Gift shop
Individuals 16 years and older who are willing to share their time and talents to help others are welcome to explore volunteer opportunities. For more information about current volunteer needs call Holy Cross Hospital – Jordan Valley West at 801-964-3142.
Holy Cross Hospital – Jordan Valley West is part of our connected ecosystem of whole person care. Whether you come to us for an emergency, specialized technology, trusted physician or support group, we respect your time and resources. We’ve combined high-quality medical services in one location to create efficient, easy access to care and information that can help you make important medical decisions for you and your family.
At Holy Cross Hospital - Jordan Valley West we understand that having loved ones nearby can improve healing and help facilitate better care. We welcome families and friends to visit with patients at the hospital.
All visitor information
There are currently no set visiting hours, but some visitation restrictions may apply such as:
- After 6 pm, most doors are locked, and visitors will need to enter through the public emergency department entrance.
- Visitors may be asked to leave a patient’s room during tests and treatments.
- Visitation restrictions may be imposed by the hospital if clinically necessary or needed to ensure safe care of patients.
The hospital provides plenty of spacious and comfortable lobbies and family waiting areas. The surgery family waiting area is near the JV Café, which provides refreshments. Vending machines offering a range of snack foods and beverages are located in all other family waiting areas. Wireless internet access is available throughout the hospital including family waiting areas, patient rooms and the JV Café.
To protect our patients, families and employees, we kindly ask that visitors follow these important rules when visiting the ICU:
- There is a two-person limit inside ICU patient rooms unless special arrangements have been made with the patient’s nurse. Comfortable waiting areas are provided nearby.
- Due to increased risk of infection, children under the age of 12 may not be allowed to visit; please contact the unit directly before bringing children to the hospital to visit.
- To protect the privacy of our patients, please do not visit in the ICU hallways.
To protect our babies and their loved ones, please follow these rules when visiting the birth center at Holy Cross Hospital – Jordan Valley West:
- Mom’s partner/support person is encouraged to stay in their room as needed 24 hours a day.
- Relatives, siblings and friends may visit at the discretion/approval of the patient and medical team.
- Due to patient privacy laws, all visitors are prohibited from congregating in the hallway or near the nurse’s station.
- Rules for children under 12 and sick (or recently sick) adults often vary depending on multiple factors such as season and prevalence of disease within the community. Please contact the department before coming to visit.
Free parking is located near all hospital entrances. Convenient covered pull through areas for patient drop off and pick up are located at the outpatient, inpatient and women’s center entrances.
Located in the outpatient lobby, the JV Café provides a wide range of healthy selections including daily hot entrees, a salad bar, grill and desserts.
Monday - Friday:
- Breakfast: 7 am to 10 am
- Lunch: 11 am to 2 pm
- Dinner 2 pm to 7 pm
Saturday - Sunday:
- All meals: 7 am to 7 pm
Please ask staff for any assistance you may need with meals.
The chapel inside Holy Cross Hospital - Jordan Valley West is located near the women’s center entrance on the first floor. Patients and their families are welcome to visit the chapel anytime.