The Joint Commission
Mercy Regional Medical Center is accredited by The Joint Commission, the nation’s predominant standards setting and accrediting body in health care. Joint Commission accreditation is recognized nationwide as a symbol of hospital quality.
Mercy Regional Medical Center was named 2013 Top Performer on Key Quality Measures® by The Joint Commission, the leading accreditor of health care organizations in the United States. Mercy Regional Medical Center has been recognized for its excellence in accountability measure performance shown to improve care for certain conditions and is one of only 1,224 hospitals in the United States to achieve the distinction as a 2013 Top Performer. Mercy was recognized for its achievement on the following accountability measure sets: heart attack; pneumonia; and surgical care.
Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services
Mercy Regional Medical Center was recognized by the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) with a five-star rating for overall hospital quality. Mercy was the only hospital in Colorado to receive a five-star rating. Nationally, only 102 hospitals—just over two percent—received a five-star rating.
The overall star rating is based off of 64 quality measures from seven categories: mortality, safety of care, readmissions, patient experience, effectiveness of care, timeliness of care, and efficient use of medical imaging. Overall, 3,662 facilities across the US and 51 hospitals in Colorado were rated by CMS.
Learn more about the CMS hospital quality ratings.
Becker's Hospital Review
Mercy Regional Medical Center was recognized as one of "100 Great Community Hospitals” by Becker's Hospital Review. Mercy was one of only three Colorado hospitals that were recognized on the 2016 Becker’s list.
The Becker's editorial team selected hospitals from across the country for inclusion based on rankings and awards from organizations including iVantage Health Analytics, Truven Health Analytics, Healthgrades, CareChex, the American Nurses Credentialing Center and the Leapfrog Group. Included organizations have earned recognition from one or more of these organizations.
Learn more online at Becker’s Hospital Review.
Healthgrades®, the leading online resource for comprehensive information about physicians and hospitals, has recognized Mercy Regional Medical Center as:
- Recipient of the Healthgrades® 2017 Outstanding Patient Experience™ Award, Named Among the Top 5% in the Nation for 9 Years in a Row (2009-2017)
- Recipient of the Healthgrades® 2017 Patient Safety Excellence Award™, Named Among the Top 5% in the Nation
Mercy also received accolades as One of Healthgrades® America’s 100 Best Hospitals for:
- Orthopedic Surgery™ for 5 Years in a Row (2013 – 2017)
- Spine Surgery™ for 5 Years in a Row (2013 – 2017)
Healthgrades® Specialty Excellence Award™ for:
- Orthopedic Surgery for 5 Years in a Row (2013-2017)
- Spine Surgery for 5 Years in a Row (2013-2017)
- Pulmonary Care for 3 Years in a Row (2015-2017)
- Gynecologic Surgery for 4 Years in a Row (2014-2017)
Healthgrades® Five-Star Recipient for:
- Appendectomy for 2 Years in a Row (2016 - 2017)
- Back Surgery for 3 Years in a Row (2015-2017)
- Gallbladder Removal Surgery for 2 Years in a Row (2014-2015)
- Gynecologic Surgery for 4 Years in a Row (2011-2014)
- Hip Fracture Treatment for 5 Years in a Row (2012-2016)
- Spinal Fusion Surgery for 5 Years in a Row (2012-2016)
- Total Hip Replacement (2015)
- Treatment of Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease for 2 Years in a Row (2015-2016)
- Treatment of Heart Failure™ (2016)
- Treatment of Pneumonia for 2 Years in a Row (2015-2016)
- Treatment of Respiratory Failure for 2 Years in a Row (2015-2016)
- Treatment of Sepsis for 2 Years in a Row (2015-2016)
The Leapfrog Group
Mercy Regional Medical Center was recognized with an "A" grade from The Leapfrog Group for eight consecutive award periods, from Fall of 2012 to Spring of 2016. The Hospital Safety Score is compiled under the guidance of experts on patient safety and is administered by The Leapfrog Group (Leapfrog), an independent industry watchdog.
Mercy Regional Medical Center was also named a Top Rural Hospitals in the nation by The Leapfrog Group in 2015. This recognition showcases Mercy’s commitment to providing the safest, highest quality health care for consumers and purchasers alike. Mercy was one of 98 hospitals - approximately six percent of the more than 1,600 that were eligible - to receive the Top Hospital designation and one of only three hospitals in Colorado to be recognized.
The Leapfrog Group and URAC also awarded Mercy Regional Medical Center with the Hospital Website Transparency Award for 2012 and 2013. The award identifies outstanding hospital websites that promote transparency of safety and quality measures in a manner that is useful and user-friendly for consumers.
Mercy Regional Medical Center earned the American College of Cardiology’s National Cardiovascular Data Registry (NCDR) ACTION Registry - Get With The Guidelines (GWTG) Platinum Performance Achievement Award for 2016. Mercy consistently followed the treatment guidelines in ACTION Registry®-GWTG™ for eight consecutive quarters and performed at the top level of standards for specific performance measures.