The History of St. Anthony Summit Medical Center
In the pioneer days it was a tent with a doctor. Later, it was just a single room building. And, in our recent past, our simple medical center with its additions met the needs of our neighbors, residents and guests. Firsts in Summit County.
- 1870 - First gold discovered
- 1873 - Frisco founded
- 1963 - Dillon Reservoir opens
- 1972 - First ski mountain opens
- 1973 - Eisenhower Tunnel, 2-way traffic
- 1978 - First medical center opens
- 2005 - First hospital in Summit County
We have a long legacy of care in Summit County and as the community grows, so does our commitment. If the time comes when you need help, we will be there, delivering the finest health care in the mountains.
The Finest Healthcare in the Mountains
Our state-of-the-art medical center - Summit Medical Center Highway 9 at County Commons is located on State Highway 9 at County Commons.
The hospital includes:
- A total of 35 beds including medical, surgical, pediatric, maternity and special care (ICU) beds
- Dedicated C-section suite within the labor and delivery unit
- A state-of-the-art emergency department with 16 private treatment rooms and Level III trauma designation
- Imaging services to include x-ray, CT scan, mammography, ultrasound and MRI
- Two state-of-the-art operating suites for inpatient surgical services
- Laboratory and pharmacy services
- Dietary services including a full-service cafeteria
- Helipad to accommodate 2 helicopters adjacent to the emergency department
- 200 parking spaces available for patients, physicians, staff and visitors
Located adjacent to the hospital is Peak One Surgery Center, a 10,000 square foot facility that allows patients easy accessibility to same day surgery procedures. This facility provides surgical services currently available to Summit County residents at the medical center with separate entrance and waiting area. Peak One Surgery Center is a joint venture between the hospital and local physicians.
St. Anthony Summit Medical Center is conveniently located off Highway 9 at 340 Peak One Drive, Frisco, Colorado 80443. For more information, call 970-668-3300.
St. Anthony Hospitals and Centura Health have provided health care services to Summit County residents since 1972.