Highlights of St. Anthony Hospital’s nationally regarded neurosciences program include:
- Nationally ranked stroke care. We are a Comprehensive Stroke Center, certified by The Joint Commission. We also have earned the Get With The Guidelines-Stroke Gold Plus Performance Achievement Award.
- Coordinated prehospital care. Emergency responders alert us when they are transporting a potential stroke patient to St. Anthony Hospital Emergency Department, enabling our multidisciplinary Stroke Alert Team to treat the patient immediately upon arrival.
- Advanced neuro technology. High-tech tools such as the breakthrough iSchemaview RAPID imaging systemenable us to diagnose and treat stroke patients faster. Devices such as the Solitaire, Penumbra and Trevo retrieval system allow the specialist to restore blood flow to the brain.
- Fellowship-trained neurosurgeons and neuro-interventionalists. These physicians are highly experienced experts in correcting aneurysms, AVMs and other neurovascular conditions. Our neurospine specialists bring exceptional expertise to the treatment and management of cervical and lumbar issues.
- State-of-the-art Neuro-Oncology Services. Our experts work closely with their peers at The St. Anthony Cancer Center and its care partner Rocky Mountain Cancer Center to treat brain and spinal tumors. Neurosurgical intervention, radiation oncology, medical oncology and neuro-oncology services are available at one location to coordinate and facilitate your care.
Neurosciences Care Unit
Specialized care for neuro patients is provided in a dedicated Neurosciences Intensive Care Unit (NICU) and acute care unit, where patients receive coordinated care, comprehensive monitoring and expert intervention from the multidisciplinary team.
The NICU is equipped with state-of-the-science monitoring equipment and is staffed by a skilled and experienced team of physicians, nurses, therapists and other medical support professionals.
On the acute care unit, the team of physicians, therapists and counselors provide care to patients throughout their stay, a unique aspect that has been shown to improve a patient's sense of well being and decrease the length of stay. Experts from other medical disciplines are readily available for consultation, further enhancing the recovery process, and promoting a faster return to an optimal level of health and activity.