Legacy of Compassionate Care
A tale of two beginnings. In 1882, a two-story boarding house in Pueblo was converted into St. Mary's Hospital by the Sisters of Charity in 1882 while at the same time Colorado Fuel & Iron Company established a hospital for its employees and their families under the medical leadership of Dr. Richard Corwin. The company transferred ownership of Corwin Hospital to the sisters in the late 1940s creating St. Mary-Corwin Medical Center. Today, the hospital continues its legacy of compassionate, outstanding care with an accredited and nationally recognized cancer center, designated Breast Center of Excellence, state of the art robotic-assisted surgical technology, a dedicated Joint Replacement Center and more.
By the Numbers:
- Associates - 804
- Employed/Affiliated physicians - 205
- Clinic Visits - 121,844
- Admissions Inpatient Days - 22,631
- Surgeries - 7,243
- ER Visits - 37,068
- Pueblo West Urgent Care Visits (opened in May 2018) – 547
- Outpatient Visits (excluding ER) – 53,378
- Benefit to the Community Charity Care - $34M
- Economic Drive into the Community through direct and indirect impact - $160.1M
- Data reflects July 1, 2017 through June 30, 2018
- Accredited by the American College of Surgeons Commission on Cancer, the Dory Cancer Center features comprehensive, award-winning cancer care, including: radiation and medical oncology treatments, surgery, ambulatory infusion center, navigation, counseling, support groups, wellness classes, genetic counseling, lymphedema therapy and clinical trials.
- The only National Accreditation Program for Breast Center accredited Breast Center of Excellence south of Colorado Springs with an ACR-accredited Breast Imaging Center of Excellence and specialized patient navigators.
- First hospital in Pueblo to introduce the da Vinci® robotic-assisted surgical system offering advanced minimally invasive surgery options.
- Comprehensive inpatient and outpatient surgical services, utilizing state-of-the-art procedures and technology in a wide array of specialties with upgraded surgical suites, surgical concierge nurses and personalized service.
- A dedicated Joint Replacement Center total hip and knee replacement program includes pre-op classes and education, and specially trained orthopedic surgeons, surgical staff and nurses, therapists and technicians.
- ACR accredited PET/CT, MRI, Ultrasound, X-ray, nuclear medicine, digital mammography and DEXAscan. Interventional radiologists specialize in minimally invasive, targeted treatments with world class diagnostic and clinical experience.