Centura Health is initiating temporary restrictions and guidance for patient visitors to all care locations in accordance with Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) recommendations. As the COVID-19 status continues to rapidly evolve, visitor restrictions are subject to change. See current visitor restrictions.
Visitors can be good medicine for patients, but quiet and rest are necessary parts of your healthy recovery. Family members and friends are welcome to visit, however we ask that you be considerate of other patients.
Daily visiting hours:
- 9:00 am - 8:00 pm
The following are general guidelines for visitors:
- Visits by family and friends are encouraged during afternoons and early evening. These times provide for less interruption due to testing and procedures, as well as allowing privacy and quiet during usual sleeping times.
- Please limit number of visitors to two persons per patient at a time.
- Children must be supervised by an adult (other than the patient) at all times.
- Visitors may not smoke in patient rooms or anywhere in the hospital.
- People with colds, sore throats or any contagious diseases should not visit patients.
- Some areas may have separate visiting hours posted.
Parking & Valet Information
Free parking is available around surrounding the hospital.
At St. Mary-Corwin, your safety is important to us. Free valet parking is available for patients and visitors at the West entrance.
- Monday - Friday: 6:00 am - 5:00 pm
For patients and visitors to the hospital after hours, please consider these safety precautions:
- Members of our security team are available to escort you to and/or from your vehicle.
- Please be sure to lock your car and secure valuable items.
- Patients who are scheduled for procedures in the evening, or if you are scheduled to admit for procedures early in the morning, please park in the drive-thru and leave your keys with security. Security will then pass the keys on to valet services, where you can pick up your car.
- If you are leaving or arriving at the hospital after dark, walk with another person or a group of people.
- If no one else is with you, ask a security team member to meet you at your vehicle or walk you from the facility to your vehicle.
- If you need assistance with your vehicle, or want to request a security guard to help you to your car, contact security at 719-557-4801.
Gift Shop & Resale Shop
If you are looking for the perfect gift for a friend or loved one, be sure to visit the Cherry Blossom Gift Shop in the new main entrance of the hospital. We offer a large selection of flowers, cards, snacks and unique gifts at reasonable prices, so treat a friend or treat yourself! For your convenience, you can easily access the gift shop by using the free valet parking service at the new main entrance.
The gift shop is operated by our dedicated volunteers, and all profits are donated back to the hospital and used to benefit our patients.
- Monday - Friday: 9:00 am - 6:00 pm
- Saturday: 10:00 am - 4:00 pm
- Sunday: 11:00 am - 3:00 pm
The Resale Shop at St. Mary-Corwin is on the ground level located near the North employee entrance. It offers a variety of new and gently used merchandise at great prices, and is staffed by the dedicated volunteers. All proceeds from the resale shop go directly back to the hospital to benefit programs that aid in the comfort and well being of our patients. We accept donations of gently used clothing, toys, books and other miscellaneous items. If you have questions regarding the acceptance of any items, contact us.
- Monday - Friday: 9:00 am - 3:30 pm
Food & Beverage Services
The Lakeside Café is located on the first floor of the East building, and provides breakfast, lunch and dinner for patients families, visitors and associates of St. Mary-Corwin.
- Monday - Friday
- Breakfast: 6:30 - 10:00 am
- Lunch: 11:00 am - 1:30 pm
- Dinner: 4:30 - 6:00 pm
- Saturday and Sunday: closed on weekends
St. Therese Chapel
Located in the hospital's East Lobby entrance, to the right of the information desk on the first floor. The chapel is open 24 hours a day, seven days a week, to serve the needs of patients, associates, volunteers, physicians and the larger community.
Mass is offered:
- Monday - Friday: 12:00
Spiritual Care & Chaplains
As a faith-based health care organization, spiritual care is a vital component to staying well or returning to wellness at St. Mary-Corwin. Many scientific studies have shown that prayer and meditation (within any faith) greatly aid in one's healing. At St. Mary-Corwin, we are dedicated to helping you, your family, and our own associates with their spiritual needs. We respect each person's belief system. Together we look at the meaning and values in our lives, the problems and questions we all face and the resources we can draw upon to aid healing.
Chaplains are health care professionals who bring all the resources of spiritual and pastoral care to help our patients, their families and friends better cope with the challenges of a hospital visit.
The following services are offered with spiritual care:
- Spiritual counsel is available 24 hours a day for individuals or groups. St. Mary-Corwin chaplains offer counsel on faith issues, meaning of life, guilt or worry, grief and prayer.
- Bereavement support can help you deal with the difficulty of illness or the loss of a loved one. A myriad of emotions, including sadness, anger, guilt, anxiety and acceptance, can oftentimes be overwhelming. We are here to help you heal.
- Educational programs are offered throughout the year for associates and the community. Our speakers address such topics as spirituality, bereavement, integrating spirituality into the workplace, stress and spirituality, advance directives, change and healing.
- Advance Directives such as Medical Durable Power of Attorney for Healthcare Decisions, Living Will or Colorado CPR Directive are important aspects of the health care process. Authorization to Consent to Treatment or Unemancipated Minor and Donor Directions for Anatomical Gift are other official documents you can download. St. Mary-Corwin cannot offer legal advice, however descriptions and links can be found on our Advance Directive page.
Our chaplains are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week to provide spiritual guidance through prayer, ritual, sacrament, or help our patients connect to their religious communities.In-person: Ask the attending nurse to page the chaplain on call.
Save time and money at the Centura Health Pharmacy at St. Mary-Corwin Medical Center. The pharmacy is conveniently located in the hospital’s West tower on the first floor near the Cherry Blossom Gift Shop. Our caring team members offer friendly, professional, convenient pharmacy services in a brand new location to better serve you!
- Transfer prescriptions welcome
- 90-day prescriptions to maximize your savings
- Most major insurances accepted
- Payment options: credit card, cash, check, FSA, HRA or St. Mary-Corwin payroll deduction (associates only)
- Bedside delivery: patients who are admitted to the hospital can have their medications delivered to their bedside prior to discharge; now that’s convenient!
- Monday - Friday: 9:00 am - 5:30 pm
- Closed: 1:00 - 1:30 pm for lunch
Centura Health provides complimentary wireless Internet access for guests and visitors.
What do I have to do to connect?
Simply connect to the guest network using your wireless network settings. When you first connect, you'll notice "Terms and Conditions" for Centura Health's Guest Network. When you click "Accept", you'll be automatically granted access. Guests must have experience in connecting to wireless networks as Centura Health does not provide any assistance in connecting your device to the wireless network.
Where and when can I connect?
The wireless network is available throughout the hospital. The wireless network is available 24/7.
Enjoy your time on our wireless network. As with any public wireless network, we strongly recommend guests take measures to secure their devices and internet communications. We encourage using virtual private networks in conjunction with personal firewalls and virus protections to mitigate risk to personal data. It is the user's responsibility to take precautions and provide security measures suited to their situation and intended use of the service. Our wireless network should not be used for inappropriate or unlawful purposes.
Centura Health is not responsible for any personal information that is compromised.
Centura Health is not responsible for any damage caused to your hardware or software while at any Centura Health facility.
Please Note: Because this is a free service, Centura Health does not provide technical support for your device or assistance in connectivity. Guests and visitors should understand how to configure their computer or device and know what hardware or software is necessary to connect to the wireless network.
To respect the right of individuals who do not wish to be exposed to the adverse health effects of tobacco products, and to comply with existing City ordinances, State and Federal laws, as well as other regulatory agencies, smoking and the use of all tobacco products are prohibited in all facilities. The Pueblo city ordinance states that smoking will not be allowed on "the public right-of-way adjoining hospitals." This includes sidewalks, lawns and alleys that border hospitals and properties the hospitals own or lease. This policy applies to all patients, visitors, associates, volunteers, students, interns, residents, physicians, temporary or agency staffing, independent contractors, vendors, sales representatives and/or other company representatives. The use of any tobacco products is prohibited in all areas of our campus including buildings, leased facilities, offices, grounds, vehicles, parking lots and ramps.
St. Mary-Corwin has been a smoke-free campus since 2005. Therefore smoking is not permitted anywhere in the hospital or on hospital grounds.
Patients who wish to use tobacco products need to talk with your physicians for options that are available during your hospital stay. Physicians will no longer write orders permitting patients to leave the hospital to use tobacco products. Information on smoking alternatives for patients, such as nicotine patches or nicotine gum will be available and can be ordered by their physician.
Smoking cessation education is available at St. Mary-Corwin through the Health Promotion Center.
Every Centura Health hospital provides you with a patient representative to help you have a better hospital experience. Our representatives address and investigate your concerns, and then respond to you and your family with findings and recommendations for how your concerns can be resolved. Find patient representative information.
St. Mary-Corwin and all Centura Health facilities are prepared should there be a need to accommodate the hearing-impaired and others in need of language interpretation services. All Centura health facilities use a system called My Accessible Real-Time Trusted Interpreter (MARTTI), a real-time video-based interpreter for the hearing impaired. When a patient signs in American Sign Language, MARTTI uses a web cam with a real-time live interpreter to translate the sign language, and interpret in verbal English to the health care provider. Conversely, MARTTI can hear verbal English words spoken anywhere in the room and interpret in American Sign Language displayed on a screen for the patient to read. This gives a provider the convenience of real-time communication with the patient. In addition to sign language, MARTTI can help interpret 140 different languages.
The MARTTI system saves precious time in treating hearing impaired patients or providing needed communication between patients and their loved ones. Currently, St. Mary-Corwin has two MARTTI systems; one in the ER and the other in PBX.
For more information about MARTTI, contact the patient representative.