After completing the IV Approval program an EMT-Basic may establish an intravenous line to keep the vein open for fluid volume replacement (or for dextrose administration). The course contains 24 hours of classroom time and at least 8 hours of experience in a clinical location with a minimum of 10 successful IV starts.
Maximum Class Size: 18
6 Class sessions from 5:30 to 9:30 pm plus a minimum of an 8-hour clinical
*Additional clinical time may be needed to complete 10 successful sticks
24 hours of Classroom
8 Hours of Clinical Rotation in Emergency Room
32 Total Clock Hours
A minimum score of 80% must be maintained throughout the course.
Tuition: $350 - Due at time of application.
Additional Costs NOT Included in the Tuition (Costs below are approximate):
Background Check: $50
Student Health Screening: (PPD, varicella, MMR & drug screening, at minimum) See detailed health screening and immunization information.
Student Eligibility / Acceptance
Step I - Complete an application and payment using the online application process.
Step II - Submit required documentation to the St. Anthony PreHospital Services Office to complete your application: (Detailed instructions will be included in your application confirmation email.)
- Copy of current Colorado EMT-Basic certification (Provisional Colorado EMT Certification NOT acceptable)
- Copy of current CPR (BLS) certification
- Completed & signed Student Health Form, with documentation of the following:
- Measles, Mumps and Rubella Vaccination Status (Immunization Records or Titers may be used as proof)
- Hepatitis B Vaccination Series (started)
- Seasonal Flu vaccine (required November 1st – March 31st )
- Tuberculosis Testing (PPD current within the last year OR Quantiferon Blood test
- Background check
- DOT Drug Screen/eScreen with synthetics for commonly abused controlled substances. All drug screening must be completed at a Centura Centers for Occupational Medicine (CCOM) facilities. More details.
This Institute does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, martial status,gender, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability, or veterans status.
We reserve the right to cancel/alter courses.
- If you cancel your registration five business days prior to the first day of class,
- Tuition will be refunded, less a $50.00 enrollment processing charge.
- Refunds requested after the beginning of class will be pro-rated based on hours attended.
- In the event St. Anthony's cancels the course, a 100 percent refund will be given. The refund will be exclusive of books, tools and supplies.
- This Institute does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability, or veteran’s status.
- We reserve the right to cancel/alter courses.