An EMT is a health care professional trained in the basic skills needed for rendering care to patients in need of emergency care and transport due to illness or injury. Centura EMT training is based on national standards for Emergency Medical Technician training.
- Didactic/Classroom/Lab – 156 hours
- Clinical – 16 hours (minimum)
- 80% GPA required for passing
Class size: 12 minimum
The following costs are subject to change:
Tuition & fees
- Total tuition and all required fees: $1400
- Required Textbooks w/ Learning Management System (LMS): $225 (varies)
- Background Check: $50
- Student Health Screening: cost varies
- National Registry Paramedic Written Examination: $98.00
This course is approved for Colorado Workforce grants and the GI Bill®.
GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government website at https://www.benefits.va.gov/gibill/.
Minimum requirements to take the EMT Course
- Applicant must be at least 18 years of age
- Applicant must provide completion of high school education or equivalent
- Applicant must be able to read at the 10th grade level or higher
Register & pay your tuition
Submit required the documentation (preferably, within 2 weeks of application submission).
- Age Documentation (may be any of the following):
- Birth certificate
- Driver's license
- State-issued ID or passport to document applicant is at least 18 years of age
- Education Documentation (may be any of the following):
- Documentation of high school education - may be high school diploma, GED, or college degree/transcript
- Documentation of reading at the 10th grade level or higher - may be any of the following:
- SAT Reading/ERBW score 540 or higher
- ACT reading score 19 or higher
- COMPASS reading score 50 or higher
- Accuplacer reading score 60 or higher
- College transcript/degree
- Answer the essay question provided in confirmation email
- Incomplete registrations may result in cancellation, so that the seat can be offered to another applicant.
- Students are admitted based on completion of the on-time submission of all required documentation.
- This Institute does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, gender, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability, or veteran’s status. We reserve the right to cancel/alter courses
Cancellation / refunds:
- Individuals canceling prior to the first day of class will be refunded tuition paid, less a $50 enrollment processing charge.
- Refunds requested after the beginning of class will be pro-rated based on hours attended.
- In the event the course is cancelled, a 100 percent refund will be given. The refund will be exclusive of books, tools and supplies.
- This Institute does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability, or veteran’s status.
- We reserve the right to cancel/alter courses.
St. Anthony PreHospital Services
34 Van Gordon Street
2nd Floor, Ste 200
Lakewood, CO 80228