Accredited paramedic program through St. Anthony PreHospital Services and Penrose EMS Institute. Graduates are eligible to apply for certification with the National Registry of Emergency Medical Technicians and the State of Colorado.
- Didactic/Classroom/Lab - Competency Lab is scheduled 8 hours/week throughout the didactic portion
- Section I: First day of class to midpoint: 1 – 319 hours
- Section II: Midpoint to final examination: 320 - 660 hours
- Section III: Hospital clinical rotations, 184 (minimum hours required)
- Field experience - 250 hours (minimum required hours)
- Capstone Field internship (hours variable)
Class size: 12 minimum
Required education hours
- Anatomy & Physiology (BIO 106 or BIO 201 and 202) is a requirement for course completion (minimum grade of “C”).
- BIO 106 is offered as a pre/co-requisite for those students needing it (cost is included in the program tuition).
- For those applicants who have already successfully completed A&P (minimum grade of “C”) - BIO 106 or both BIO 201 & BIO 202, attendance for A&P is not required.
The following costs are subject to change:
Tuition & fees
- Total tuition and all required fees: $8,000
- Required Textbooks w/ Learning Management System (LMS): $650-$800
- Uniforms: $200
- Background Check: $50
- Student Health Screening: cost varies
- National Registry Paramedic Written Examination: $152.00
The course is approved for Montgomery G.I. Veteran Benefits and Workforce Grants. Other government and private scholarship funds may be available.
Submit required documentation (preferably within 2 weeks of application submission) by application deadline.
- Current EMT, Advanced EMT or EMT-Intermediate certification
- Current Healthcare Provider - CPR Certification
- High school diploma, GED, unofficial college transcript or college diploma
- Documentation of reading at the college level - may be any of the following:
- SAT Reading/EBRW score: 540 or higher
- ACT Reading score: 19 or higher
- COMPASS Reading score: 80 or higher
- Accuplacer Reading score: 72 or higher
- College Transcript/Degree
- IV Approval course completion certification (if applicant is an EMT) You must have certification before applying - it cannot be in progress.
- Minimum of two recommendation letters. Examples include but are not limited to listed in order of importance:
- Primary Agency Physician Advisor
- Primary EMS Agency
- Professional letters of reference (EMS work related)
- Current Employer (non-EMS)
- Personal letters of reference - All letters must be original, on letterhead, signed, and uploaded to the supporting documentation email address provided at the time of application.
- Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Applicants will be contacted for Entrance testing/orientation.
- Selection will be made following completion of Entrance testing and review of application.
- This Institute does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, gender, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability, or veteran’s status. We reserve the right to cancel/alter courses.
Once you have been accepted into a Paramedic Academy Course and need to pay your seat fee &/or tuition, use the following process to pay by credit card:
- You will be directed to a payment screen that will allow you to securely process your course payment.
- Pay now
This payment screen will not populate your individual tuition information, so you will need to enter the course name, date, and your individual tuition amount. Use the following instructions for completing the payment screen.
- In the "Event Description" field please enter your course title followed by start date. Example: "EMT - month/day/year" (Course titles are EMT, EKG, IV Approval, Advanced EMT, Paramedic)
- Enter all personal information fields
- In the "Amount" field you will need to enter the amount you owe for your fee or tuition
The Paramedic Program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs upon the recommendation of the Committee on Accreditation of Educational Programs for the Emergency Medical Services Professions (CoAEMSP).
Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs
25400 US Highway 19 N.
Clearwater, FL 33763
8301 Lakeview Parkway
Rowlett, TX 75088
The Paramedic Program has the following CoAEMSP record from 2010 through 3rd quarter of 2019:
|Year||Attrition Rate||Student Retention||National Registry Written Exam||Positive Job Placement|
Cancellation / Refunds:
- Individuals canceling prior to the first day of class will be refunded tuition paid, less a $50 enrollment processing charge.
- Refunds requested after the beginning of class will be pro-rated based on hours attended.
- In the event the course is cancelled, a 100 percent refund will be given. The refund will be exclusive of books, tools and supplies.
- This Institute does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability, or veteran’s status.
- We reserve the right to cancel/alter courses.