Intravenous Therapy and Mediation Administration training (EMT-IV) provides the EMT with core knowledge and skills to function in the capacity of an EMT-IV on the scene of a medical/trauma emergency.
Six classroom sessions, maximum size of 18, from 5:30 to 9:30 PM, a minimum of an 8-hour clinical and additional clinical time may be needed to complete 10 successful sticks.
- 24 hours of classroom
- 8 hours of clinical rotation in an emergency room
- Total clock hours: 32
A minimum score of 80% must be maintained throughout the course.
The following costs may be subject to change:
- Tuition and fees:
- $350 due at time of application.
- Additional costs:
- Background Check: $50
- Student Health Screening (PPD, varicella, MMR & drug screening, at minimum)
Step I - Complete an application and payment using the online application process.
Step II - Submit required documentation to the St. Anthony PreHospital Services Office to complete your application: (Detailed instructions will be included in your application confirmation email.)
- Copy of current Colorado EMT-Basic certification (Provisional Colorado EMT Certification NOT acceptable)
- Copy of current CPR (BLS) certification
- Completed & signed Student Health Form, with documentation of the following:
- Measles, Mumps and Rubella Vaccination Status (Immunization Records or Titers may be used as proof)
- Hepatitis B Vaccination Series (started)
- Seasonal Flu vaccine (required November 1st – March 31st )
- Tuberculosis Testing (PPD current within the last year OR Quantiferon Blood test
- Background check
- DOT Drug Screen/eScreen with synthetics for commonly abused controlled substances. All drug screening must be completed at a Centura Centers for Occupational Medicine (CCOM) facilities. More details.
This Institute does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, martial status,gender, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability, or veterans status.
We reserve the right to cancel/alter courses.
Cancellation / Refunds:
- Individuals canceling prior to the first day of class will be refunded tuition paid, less a $50 enrollment processing charge.
- Refunds requested after the beginning of class will be pro-rated based on hours attended.
- In the event the course is cancelled, a 100 percent refund will be given. The refund will be exclusive of books, tools and supplies.
- This Institute does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability, or veteran’s status.
- We reserve the right to cancel/alter courses.