Centura Health is the region’s leading provider of advanced, multi-specialty, minimally invasive robotic-assisted surgery for men and women. If you or a loved one has been diagnosed with a condition that requires surgery, you owe it to yourself to learn about all your options, including the least invasive surgical treatments available.
Find a Surgeon
Find surgeons specializing in minimally-invasive robotic-assisted surgery.
Minimally Invasive Robotic-Assisted Surgery
While surgery is generally the most effective treatment option for a wide range of conditions, traditional open surgery with a large incision has its drawbacks — pain, trauma, long recovery time and risk of infection. Fortunately, less invasive options are available to many people facing surgery. The most common of these is laparoscopic surgery, in which smaller incisions are used. While laparoscopy is effective for many routine procedures, it has inherent limitations when more intricate and complex surgery is required. Enter minimally invasive robotic-assisted surgery, the latest evolution in surgical technology, offering an effective alternative to traditional open surgery and laparoscopy that offers the best of both approaches.
With robotic-assisted surgery, surgeons can now operate using only 1- to 2-cm incisions, and with greater precision and control than ever before. Operating from a computer console, a surgeon uses hand controls to manipulate robotic arms, rather than holding and manipulating the tools themselves. Robotic surgery can help surgeons minimize the pain and risk associated with surgery while increasing the likelihood of a fast recovery and an excellent clinical outcome.
Centura Health provides a wide range of surgical services performed by some of the nation’s top robotic surgeons. Our robotic surgery program offers:
- Highly trained and experienced surgeons specializing in robotic surgery
- A variety of minimally invasive procedures that offer the potential for faster recovery times, fewer side effects and better clinical outcomes
- Patient care providers who work exclusively in the field of robotic surgery and have unique knowledge of what patients need before, during and after a procedure
Potential benefits of minimally invasive robotic-assisted surgery include:
- Significantly less pain
- Less blood loss
- Less scarring
- Shorter recovery time
- A faster return to normal daily activities
- Better clinical outcomes
Types of robotic-assisted surgery
If you’ve been told you need surgery, minimally invasive robotic-assisted surgery may be a good option for you. We offer robotic-assisted surgery in the following specialty areas.
Talk to your doctor to find out if robotic-assisted surgery is right for you.
Robotic surgical system features
With our innovative robotic-assisted surgical system, your surgeon is 100 percent in control of the surgery at all times.
Robotic surgery provides a surgeon with:
- Enhanced 3-D, high-definition vision of operative field with up to 10 times magnification
- An optical dual console that allows for a second surgeon to provide assistance
- Superior visual clarity of tissue and anatomy
- Surgical dexterity and precision far greater than even the human hand
- An additional robotic "arm" that expands the types of procedures that can be performed