Acute Stroke Rehabilitation
Centura Health offers acute inpatient stroke rehabilitation programs to give patients the strengths and skills they need to return to their highest level of function.
Having a stroke changes you, and often means that you must relearn and redefine how you live. That’s why stroke rehabilitation is one of the most vital phases of recovery for many stroke survivors. Centura Health’s multidisciplinary acute stroke rehabilitation program provides intensive physical therapy, occupational therapy and speech therapy to give patients the strengths and skills they need to return to their highest level of function.
Positive outcomes for stroke patients depend not just on emergency intervention but also on comprehensive follow-up care. We offer:
- A complete evaluation and customized treatment program to help patients reach their highest level of function and independence.
- Highly-skilled, multidisciplinary teams of nursing and therapy staff that specializes in rehabilitation treatment for stroke and neurological disorders, including neuro-development treatment, which focuses on stroke recovery.
- State-of-the art rehabilitation technology.
Neurological Rehabilitation Therapies
- Exercise training to improve strength, flexibility and coordination
- Physical therapy to retrain muscles to reduce spasticity and regain function
- Speech therapy to regain lost speech and comprehension, and improve communication skills
- Swallowing therapy to help you safely eat and drink, which includes modified barium swallow studies to measure swallowing impairment, as well as electrical stimulation technology treatments
- Occupational therapy to aid with personal activities of daily living and restore your independence
- Home health care and resources
Find Acute Stroke Rehabilitation Programs
Centura Health acute stroke rehabilitation programs to give patients the strengths and skills they need to return to their highest level of function.