About St. Anthony Pre-Hospital Services & EMS Training
What makes St. Anthony EMS Educational Programs Exceptional?
St. Anthony Pre-Hospital Services and Institute of Emergency Medical Training serve EMS educational needs throughout the Denver Metro area and are services of St. Anthony Hospital, St. Anthony North Hospital and St. Anthony Summit Medical Center.
We offer a full compliment EMS educational courses including: Emergency Medical Technician-Paramedic (EMT-P), EMT-Basic (EMT-B), Advanced EMT (AEMT), Intravenous therapy for the EMT-B (EMT-B-IV), International Trauma Life Support (ITLS), Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS), Pediatric Education for Prehospital Professionals (PEPP) and EMT refresher courses of all levels.
In addition to the primary education provided by St. Anthony's, we provide medical directorship to over 50 prehospital agencies. Agencies that we oversee include fire departments, ambulance services, search and rescue organizations, ski patrols, and certain law enforcement groups. This includes oversight of quality assurance, continuing education and specialty courses for agencies with whom we are affiliated.
Our EMS education center is located at 34 Van Gordon St., Ste 201, in Lakewood. In this state-of-the-art facility, just across Union from St. Anthony Hospital, students benefit from:
- Increased classroom space with dedicated skill and simulation capability.
- State of the art video conferencing capability to provide synchronous video conferencing capabilities with our EMS partners.
- Two dedicated simulation labs with built in video conferencing and recording capabilities, as well as an isolated control room to allow for remote instructor oversight.
- Computer resources that allow the students access to online educational resources that are maintained by the school.
- Close proximity to the new St. Anthony Hospital for student clinical experience.
- Improved parking to which minimizes conflicts between students and hospital staff or patients.