Breast cancer is a disease that many women fear. Yet breast cancer is highly treatable when caught in the early stages. For many women who receive timely treatment, the survival rate is close to 100 percent.
Treatment of breast cancer normally involves some type of surgery. The dedicated breast surgeons at Centura Health offer the highest level of integrated surgical care, expertise and compassion. Shortly after a breast cancer diagnosis, you’ll partner with a breast surgeon you can trust with your surgery — and your life.
Find a breast surgeon
Breast surgery may be necessary
- Remove as much of the cancer as possible through a partial mastectomy (lumpectomy), full mastectomy or radical mastectomy
- Find out whether the cancer has spread to the lymph nodes under the arm
- Restore the breast’s shape after the cancer is removed
- Relieve symptoms of advanced cancer
Breast surgery services we offer
Our talented team of breast surgeons specializes in breast diagnostic surgical procedures, breast cancer surgeries and breast reconstruction. Your surgeon works closely with your entire breast cancer treatment team to offer an individualized treatment plan that may include:
- Diagnosis and treatment of breast lesions
- Evaluation of high-risk patients, including those with family history and genetic mutation
- Counseling on risk reduction
- Excisional biopsy of breast tissue for diagnosis
- Breast conservation and partial mastectomy surgery
- Skin-sparing and nipple-sparing mastectomy (removal of one or both breasts)
- Modified radical mastectomy and bilateral mastectomy
- Prophylactic mastectomy for breast cancer prevention
- Mastectomy with immediate breast reconstruction surgery
- Sentinel lymph node biopsy
- Axillary lymph node dissection
Benefits of a Skin-Sparing Mastectomy
A skin-sparing mastectomy leads to greater cosmetic results during reconstructive surgery.